Schiit Owners Unite
Jul 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #2,912 of 13,350
Quote:

Relax man, people are allowed to have a different opinion. I'm totally okay with that.
beerchug.gif

Cheers!

Calm now.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Overwerk you seem not to like your lyr your tubes or your he500
Why are in in this hobby maybe try fishing:fish::blush:

For Tuna?

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #2,915 of 13,350
Please don't fragment the topic of this thread.
this is about Schiit Owners, not "why I like head-fi hobby" questions.
take it to PM.

Quote:
I am calm just wanted to know what you like about the hobby

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #2,916 of 13,350
Quote:
I just wanted to join the UNITED thread. LOL!

I do like my new Schiit.

Welcome walls. I think you'll find unanimous enthusiasm from all of the Schiit owners here!

You'll find that everyone here happens to think their Schiit don't stink
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Cheers

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #2,918 of 13,350
Quote:
Your personal opinion is funny to me because I actually owned the AKG 702. And in my personal opinion your opinion is completely insane. Not sure what you were driving/sourcing your HE-500 with because it was your chain or more likely you had a broken HE-500.

the hostility and arrogance and ignorance chills my bones

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2,920 of 13,350
i'm one of the first to buy he500 approx within a day David Mahler posted THE THREAD, and everywhere I go HE500 fanboys spit on my face about my personal honest opinion about he500. you can say all you want, and I will be glad to discuss, but if you start flaming, it just downgrade your IQ and EQ at least perceived by others, and adds nothing to your argument that he500 is not what I perceive it to be. I don't get why people who like gears have to furiously try to ban others out of speaking against it. preference is a personal thing, and I'd kill myself if everyone likes the same thing

Allow expression, end repression. I don't want assimilation, I want diversity, and I shall be that, not because I intentionally want it, but because I am appalled by the unanimity most everywhere I go on the internet, a false sense of harmony and joyful agreement and politeness covering the degradation of personal taste and independent spirit and opinion and judgement

i had the lyr and bifrost since 2011, II bought magni and modi as soon as they came out, I expect nothing hostile from this thread, it would be kind of stupid to since I consider myself a tried and true believer of Schiit, the act of supporting Schiit is one of matter of faith and ideal, without further elaboration since I am tired of elaborating it. I have been rolling 20 some pairs of tubes to upgrade the sound. I have owned more than 20 mid fi cans and current have a dozen.  The usual 9 yards of bashing on people's system defect is appalling every time it comes out towards myself. 

it's interesting and tried and true and tiring to see all the trolling comments always steer away from the topic of the trolled comment, here in this case my point was the price tag of he500 compared to k702 is insane, I don' t have the obligation to explain my system because I have no obligation to feed to that necessity which is maintained by trolls who judge people's opinion validity on their system instead of their originality and objectivity of their opinion and perception.

I did not ask for flaming but I am not going to just not throw my opinion out there. To ask me to write a thesis on why I said what I said would be insane.

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,921 of 13,350
Quote:
Just get the Lyr and roll in some nice tubes. You'll hear a big change. Now if this wasn't the Schiit thread I would recommend you try the Emotiva from speaker taps, or other vintage receivers. If you can stretch your budget you can also get the Schiit Mjolnir. If you don't like the HE-500 from the Mjolnir or from speaker taps then the sound is just not for you. Asgard/Magni under power the HE-500 IMO, which gives them flabby bass and low dynmaic range in both the treble/bass ends of the frequency spectrum. It sounds slow/syurpy/boring instead of fast/nimble/explosive like it should from speaker taps or a more powerful amp.

As for DACs, you can go from the Uber Bifrost to the Concero, or if you can stretch you budget you can do the Matrix X-Sabre/Anedio D2. But IMO I think you need a more powerful amp first to realize the full potential of your HE-500.

As always YMMV, IMHO, etc,etc...

*Don't even bother responding to this ab initio unless you want to go another couple of pages of useless arguments with me like we did yesterday.

nobody needs to have a brain to know you are one of the guys that regard yourself some sort of known fanboy of schiit, I honestly identify myself apart from your kind. albeit your seemingly enthusiasm for schiit you are taking it too far I'd never bash on people's taste I'd leave them be with their own schit.

to be honest you should be ashamed you parade yourself a schiit expert when you bash on my stance that k702 > he500, to me that's as if I am to say Schiit Lyr> any big name 1k amp, I'd like to see how you react to that , Schiit to me is all about the facepalm of hi end audio gear capitalizing on their prestige to rob people's money, that's what they said in the beginning. Jason has not been very pronounce on this agenda, but he's doing it just right, especially on the delayed but finally carried out and seriously underrated Magni Modi stack even with the existing user base. The price tag of his ultimate flagship stack is way below some of the ultimate stuff others make that goes up to 4-5k each, which to me is just bollocks and I'd love to see people reporting the Schiit stack smoking those.

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2,922 of 13,350
Quote:
in this chain in my upcoming magni, which part you think is the weak spot, apart from the headphone / IEM ?

PC - DACPort LX - Magni - COP / UM Miracle / RE-400 / Senn HD202 ii / Goldring DR-150 + custom cable 

any parts that i need change? cause the COP is what Im loving right now

I would say upgrade the magni to an Asgard 2 the gain switch and the pre-amp and the power boost would help those phones sing.
Quote:
Sorry guys, I only skimmed through the posts within the last couple pages...What I got from it is Asgard and I'm assuming Asgard 2 too, which I have, would make the HE-500s loud but would the sound quality be super amazing too without distortions and all that stuff?  I can go deaf if I put the volume all the way up with the horrible ipod earphones and listening to music on my computer or ipod/iphone but the sound quality is just horrific.  Also one more question, is the Bifrost Uber a good choice for the HE-500 or should I also save up for a more expensive, better dac?  I recently bought the Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber about 2 weeks ago and kind of disappointed I might possibly need to upgrade them.  I'm thinking about getting the HE-500 within a couple months and I will only buy it brand new.

I would not think you would need to upgrade to get the HE-500 to sound good on the Asgard 2/Bifrost.  As others have said you could get LYR or similar but IMHO it is not entirely needed.  Try it with what you have and if possible audition the HE500 on other gear later and see if you think you need more.
Quote:
How so? What do you find lacking? If the step up from the E09K/E17 isn't big enough for you, then I'd argue you either need to go balanced (which costs significantly more) or just get different cans.

I think he was afraid he would need to upgrade for the HE500 he has yet to buy?
blink.gif

On another note: there are a couple of you that need to chill out this thread could get locked due to the personal attacks being thrown around....just saying...
confused_face.gif
  can't we all just get along and talk about the gear and the music instead of each other???

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #2,923 of 13,350
Quote:
I would say upgrade the magni to an Asgard 2 the gain switch and the pre-amp and the power boost would help those phones sing.
I would not think you would need to upgrade to get the HE-500 to sound good on the Asgard 2/Bifrost.  As others have said you could get LYR or similar but IMHO it is not entirely needed.  Try it with what you have and if possible audition the HE500 on other gear later and see if you think you need more.
I think he was afraid he would need to upgrade for the HE500 he has yet to buy
blink.gif

On another note: there are a couple of you that need to chill out this thread could get locked due to the personal attacks being thrown around....just saying...
confused_face.gif
  can't we all just get along and talk about the gear and the music instead of each other???

I didn't start it. All glory goes to M13

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #2,924 of 13,350
This is the Schiit Owners Unite thread.
rolleyes.gif
 (think about what you're saying) LOL
Quote:
nobody needs to have a brain to know you are one of the guys that regard yourself some sort of known fanboy of schiit

When did you buy your HE-500? I bought my first one in July of 2011. 3 months after release. I don't remember you in any of the first 50 pages of the HE-500 threads I was in at that period. I was also the proud owner of the Q701 from early 2011 for about eight months (I owned both the HE-500 and Q701 concurrently of course)
Quote:
i'm one of the first to buy he500 approx within a day David Mahler posted THE THREAD,

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #2,925 of 13,350
Quote:
This is the Schiit Owners Unite thread.
rolleyes.gif
 (think about what you're saying) LOL
When did you buy your HE-500? I bought my first one in July of 2011. 3 months after release. I don't remember you in any of the first 50 pages of the HE-500 threads I was in at that period. I was also the proud owner of the Q701 from early 2011 for about eight months (I owned both the HE-500 and Q701 concurrently of course)

I know what I am saying, I  was just about to apologize ahead on my contribution to the seemingly disturbance, I know I am shallow enough to not able to see the big picture sometimes.

like i said and you quoted, --unless you don't know about the thread you yourself post regularly in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back