Schiit Owners Unite
May 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #2,041 of 13,350
Anybody else get their Bifrost with Uber setup and listened to? I get mine on monday and this is my first bifrost, so I really compare it to much. I would love to hear some impressions of the bifrost with uber compared to the Gungnir.

May 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #2,042 of 13,350
Yeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.

May 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #2,043 of 13,350
Quote:
Send a message to MalVeauX, he will gladly point you in the right direction.

Don't forget that this is MalveauX for May month...
size]

Very best....

May 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #2,044 of 13,350
Yeah I am interested in a Bifrost/Gungnir comparison as well. As someone who has done the upgrade to the "uber" board, I have to say it is a huge improvement over the vanilla Bifrost. I am just wondering how close it comes to Gungnir. As a side note, the "uber" is a lot less forgiving with low quality source files, some of my older collection of mp3s are definitely going to need to be revisited and re-ripped. They aren't unlistenable or anything, but this version of Bifrost is much much more revealing. I no longer feel any need to upgrade my DAC, headphones or amp, but my source files need a serious audit right now.

How is it less forgiving? It doesn't brighten them up, does it? I like a dark, warm, sound signature.

May 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2,046 of 13,350
May 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #2,047 of 13,350
Quote:
How is it less forgiving? It doesn't brighten them up, does it? I like a dark, warm, sound signature.

No, it isn't bright, just more resolving.  You can tell if your source is a low quality mp3 just because of the enhanced DAC resolution.  Your Schiit won't sound awful, but you'll want to re-rip if you can.

May 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #2,048 of 13,350
Quote:
Question for the Schiit folks out there.

For the DAC.  Any info if there will be a I2s input of anykind in the DAC?

Maybe. 

May 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,054 of 13,350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back