Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,941 of 6,930
Mjolnir 2 paired excellently with the Verite Open. Great stage depth and natural sound. I really enjoyed the stock tubes with this pairing as well, only bested to me by the GE 396A which had the most euphonic character.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #2,942 of 6,930
Mjolnir 2 paired excellently with the Verite Open. Great stage depth and natural sound. I actually really enjoyed the stock tubes with this pairing as well, only bested to me by the GE 396A which had amazing the most euphonic character.

I have Auteurs incoming today and I'm looking for a solution with tubes for amplification. Had the original Lry and felt it wasn't that good in the bass department but was using the stock tubes on it. Currently, I have an older Burson Conductor (using the amp section only) paired with the LCD-2 Fazors.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,943 of 6,930
I have Auteurs incoming today and I'm looking for a solution with tubes for amplification. Had the original Lry and felt it wasn't that good in the bass department but was using the stock tubes on it. Currently, I have an older Burson Conductor (using the amp section only) paired with the LCD-2 Fazors.

I moved up from Lyr 2 to the Mj2. I had quite a few NOS tubes and I wanted to go balanced with my new DAC, so it was a natural move. That said, the Mj2 is better in almost all areas then the Lyr. Highs, Lows, sound stage, clarity, Power. The mids are comparably sweet/smooth. Tubes make a world of difference.

I use it to drive my Ether C Flows and HD-800s.

I see no reason to "upgrade" to anything else at this point. It has plenty of headroom, and the cans sound excellent.

If I do any future moves, it will be to acquire some e-stats.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #2,945 of 6,930
Thank you to all who have chimed with their respective thoughts. Looks like I’m going in that direction .

Just got the Auteurs this evening and TBH something seems missing using the Burson to drive them. It sounds just okay but I seek better than okay. Man, this hobby!

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #2,946 of 6,930
I've never heard the Burson Conductor so I can't comment on that amp. But I did own the Auteur Teak for a while before I moved on to Verite and I never really felt like anything was missing with the Auteur. My desire to upgrade to Verite was more based on craving the ZMF TOTL.

What is it that feels off/missing with the Auteur?

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #2,947 of 6,930
I've never heard the Burson Conductor so I can't comment on that amp. But I did own the Auteur Teak for a while before I moved on to Verite and I never really felt like anything was missing with the Auteur. My desire to upgrade to Verite was more based on craving the ZMF TOTL.

What is it that feels off/missing with the Auteur?

No No, I meant something seems to be missing with the amp. Even with the LCD2 the amp seemed sort of thin.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2,948 of 6,930
Ah well if it's the same offness with both headphones then yea definitely something you're not liking with the Burson. I definitely think the Auteur would have nice synergy with the Auteur, can't speak on behalf of the 2f as I have no experience there. The Auteur have a very relaxed tuning to my ears, and the Mjolnir 2 can be quite forward, in-your-face which would probably compliment (via countering) the Auteurs design. The Mjolnir 2 has nice depth that would play into Auteur's favor as well.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #2,953 of 6,930
5,000 hours of use according to words on Schiit equipment.

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #2,955 of 6,930
So I saw that Gavin C4 had asked about this a few years back, but for whatever reason my room builds up an astonishing amount of dust, and I worry about my Mjolnir 2. Is it feasible (not recommended of course) to take it apart and hit it with a can of air to clean it out? I adore this amp and don't want anything to happen to it, though I don't want to void my warranty. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back