1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by mhamel, Aug 19, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
Next

Last
  1. ToTo Man
    Yours sounds a bit like the problem I had a few years ago when I split the RCA outputs of my Bifrost DAC to my Yamaha A-S3000 and Moon 430HA. There was audible distortion on the Yamaha whenever the Moon was switched off. The problem turned out to be the Moon shorting its inputs when unpowered.

2. kr11048
    Maybe, but I was having the issue even when the other side of the Y splitter was completely disconnected. I'm getting a passive switcher today. Hopefully it will do better.

3. Rowethren
    Which switch did you go for? I have been on the hunt for a decent small passive XLR switch for a while now.

Also, if you are having a problem with the sound when the other device isn't even plugged in that sounds like the cable is faulty to me. No reason an extra length of cable would affect the sound as it isn't even making a complete circuit.

4. kr11048
    That's what I was thinking, but the sound degradation happened whether or not the other side was connected. I don't think it was a faulty cable as it was brand new and Blue Jeans Cable makes quality stuff. I explained my situation to their support guy and with the quality of their service I'm sure they would've been happy to replace it if it seemed like a faulty cable.

For the switcher, I went for the Nobsound 1-in 3-out audio switch on Amazon for $59.99. I'll let you know if it works better than the splitter. If not, I'll have to look into active switchers.

5. Brooklyn70
    Hey just a heads up I’m using this switch box it’s killer
    https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Balanced-Converter-Audio-Selector/dp/B07D7P7366

give this a look. I’ve been using it for a year now and it’s great

Rowethren likes this.
  6. Brooklyn70
    Rowethren likes this.
  7. Rowethren
    I had seen that one and it looks pretty solid for the money.

8. Brooklyn70
    100% It’s solid across the board

9. kr11048
    Did a short listening session with my new switcher and so far I'm very pleased. None of the ugliness that was there when I used the Y splitters. Didn't include a link last time because I figured there was no point linking to something I hadn't heard yet, but here it is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Aud...03+Pro+3-Out)&qid=1562093578&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Same company as the one recommended by Brooklyn70 but a bit different configuration and slightly cheaper.

Rowethren likes this.
  10. Rowethren
    Nice, I hadn't seen that one before! Looks ideal as I don't need RCA, all I need now is 6 custom length xlr cables lol...

11. Brooklyn70
  12. peter1480
    My Schiit Mjolnir 2 is up for sale on the bay UK also got some tubes up as well. Just need to make some dask sace for a new monitor. Sad to see it go!

13. bosiemoncrieff
    I wish MJ2 had a remote

14. Charente
    I need the exercise !!

bosiemoncrieff likes this.
  15. bosiemoncrieff
    In my defense I’m using it as a preamp for powered monitors and watching a tv show at night means frequent audio adjustments so as not to disturb neighbors.

Charente likes this.
First

Back
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
Next

Last