Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
Feb 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #1,216 of 2,252
It's got nothing to do with whether you agree or disagree. I just don't see how I can expand on the one opinion any more than I have. It's no big deal to hijack a thread over, I was just responding to a comment that was directed at a previous comment of mine.

Again, I hope not to argue about a personal opinion of mine regarding other models, while other members click new posts here hoping to find useful information about this amp. No doubt you'll respond in a way, hoping it returns to normal audio chat after that.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #1,217 of 2,252
Ugh, I got my magni/modi off the used thread and I am hearing this static and sort of a pop through my hd 650's. I don't know if either the amp or the dac is defective but I really doubt its the headphones, any tips?

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #1,218 of 2,252
Hey guys do you suggest getting the pyst cables schiit offers of just some monoprice rca cables?

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,220 of 2,252
Quote:
It's got nothing to do with whether you agree or disagree. I just don't see how I can expand on the one opinion any more than I have. It's no big deal to hijack a thread over, I was just responding to a comment that was directed at a previous comment of mine.

Again, I hope not to argue about a personal opinion of mine regarding other models, while other members click new posts here hoping to find useful information about this amp. No doubt you'll respond in a way, hoping it returns to normal audio chat after that.

Are you five? lol you said something, I came back with a response (a very calm and calculated response, pertaining to the Schiit Magni, I might add), and then you insulted me and are now acting like everyone is veering off topic to spite you or something.

You said something about the Magni. I responded. That's what we do on a forum, kiddo. But yes, since you're so keen to get back on topic, let's do that ...

Any owners of the Asgard feel that the Magni is a slap in the face to them because it's so good? I suggest we all email Schiit and ask them to put some lower quality parts and maybe rough up each Magni before they send it out.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #1,222 of 2,252
I definitely passes on the PYST cables - seemed like they weren't a great deal and weren't a great size for the smaller Schiit stack. When I get a Lyr + Bifrost or something similar, I'll definitely look into them though. I got a reasonably priced RCA cable from Blue Jeans Cables for my M&M

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #1,223 of 2,252
Twenty bucks a pair? How much more reasonable are we talking about?
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #1,224 of 2,252
Are you five? lol you said something, I came back with a response (a very calm and calculated response, pertaining to the Schiit Magni, I might add), and then you insulted me and are now acting like everyone is veering off topic to spite you or something.

You said something about the Magni. I responded. That's what we do on a forum, kiddo. But yes, since you're so keen to get back on topic, let's do that ...

Any owners of the Asgard feel that the Magni is a slap in the face to them because it's so good? I suggest we all email Schiit and ask them to put some lower quality parts and maybe rough up each Magni before they send it out.

Your clearly easily agitated, also likely younger than me. In any case you misunderstood the comment. Wouldn't it make more sense to add to the value if the higher model to justify the financial difference in a sonic gain, rather than detract from the budget one? In any case it's obviously a moot point.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #1,225 of 2,252
Quote:
If you buy one product that is relatively new on the market, and are happy with your purchase. Then the company makes another product very quickly after the first and its half the size, a third to a quater of the price, and "sounds the same" (the main factor of an audio product), the original purchaser might feel some remorse.

The Asgard was announced in June of 2010, the Magni in Dec of 2012. A gap of almost 2 1/2 years.....in what realm of consumer electronics is this "making another product very quickly after the first?" Are you just disappointed that you bought a product at the end of it's life cycle and quickly becoming obsolete?

Considering that the Asgard 2 was just announced today, I'm sure this news must be much more annoying than the Magni.

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #1,226 of 2,252
Ugh, I got my magni/modi off the used thread and I am hearing this static and sort of a pop through my hd 650's. I don't know if either the amp or the dac is defective but I really doubt its the headphones, any tips?

My Dell laptop at work is terrible for sound quality and I get pops and random static. Try other USB ports, another computer, and other electrical outlets. BTW, don't use a surge protector--the cheap ones are very noisy.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #1,227 of 2,252
Quote:
I believe that may have been aimed at me, so ill respond. People might be concerned if they just spent $XXX on an amp from a company, then the same company brings out a smaller cuter one that apparently sounds the same for $XX.

I would like to see them "take a poker to the high end" as you say, just not sure they should do it to their own cliental.

Sorry man, cant really respond to your final comment as i dont get it.

No offense intended my man. My post is aimed at high end dogma, not you personally. The sharply humorous tone of their web site tells me they are doing some poking; at the industry, at everyone, including themselves. See we can be in it, and laugh at it at the same time. What's wrong with offering a way for their customers to decide if the better parts make a difference to them, or if they want to cook their burgers or not? Now there's "Asgard 2". I really want to see an upgrade power supply for this thing. lololololol.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #1,229 of 2,252
Quote:
Schiit, there's an Asgard 2 now!  
blink.gif

Finally they realised the need for having a gain switch... 1.5x gain is nice. Preamp out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back