Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,201 of 2,252
Quote:
That's good - Dayton is a horrible, awful place. I'm here temporarily. I miss California.

EDIT: I see your post above. I apologize for offending you - legitimately. 

I appreciate it.  2 type A's on the same thread.
biggrin.gif

Hey, could be worse.
Could be Ashtabula 

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #1,202 of 2,252
I'm also A- retentive....batty....fastidious.
Don't bust my chops...
I wonder if the receptacle is recessed on the Bifrost daughterboard?

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #1,204 of 2,252
Quote:
I'm also A- retentive....batty....fastidious.
Don't bust my chops...
I wonder if the receptacle is recessed on the Bifrost daughterboard?

Pretty sure it's exactly the same as the Modi.

Edit: Beaten to it.

2nd Edit: You can see both here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/643368/lightbox/post/8998808/id/749174

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #1,205 of 2,252
Quote:

Pretty sure it's exactly the same as the Modi.

Edit: Beaten to it.

2nd Edit: You can see both here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/643368/lightbox/post/8998808/id/749174

basshead.gif

Are there any 8.8mm type B USB cables out there?

(I know... google)

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,206 of 2,252
Awesome setup!  You must be a graphic designer or something... Intuos 4?  I love the Raid setup you have... I'm sooooo jealous!  

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #1,207 of 2,252
Quote:

Awesome setup!  You must be a graphic designer or something... Intuos 4?  I love the Raid setup you have... I'm sooooo jealous!  

thx
photography nut

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #1,208 of 2,252
I'm certainly not going to argue with how much Magni costs. I only want it to be good. Why would anyone be "worried" that some owners felt it's about as good as the pricier Asgard? Maybe Schitt is taking a fire poker to "high end" with this thing....LOL. Somebody at least give me a 400 dollar "mod", so I can feel it's worthy.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,209 of 2,252
I believe that may have been aimed at me, so ill respond. People might be concerned if they just spent $XXX on an amp from a company, then the same company brings out a smaller cuter one that apparently sounds the same for $XX.

I would like to see them "take a poker to the high end" as you say, just not sure they should do it to their own cliental.

Sorry man, cant really respond to your final comment as i dont get it.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,210 of 2,252
Quote:
I believe that may have been aimed at me, so ill respond. People might be concerned if they just spent $XXX on an amp from a company, then the same company brings out a smaller cuter one that apparently sounds the same for $XX.

I would like to see them "take a poker to the high end" as you say, just not sure they should do it to their own cliental.

Sorry man, cant really respond to your final comment as i dont get it.

I don't see how making a cheaper product with similar performance is taking a poker to their clientele. There's plenty of reasons to spend more on an Asgard - more power, higher quality parts on the inside and the outside, bigger warranty, more outputs, etc etc.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #1,211 of 2,252
THeres nothing wrong with a cheaper product with similar performance. In fact that should be encouraged across the entire industry or any industry for that matter. I just think it shouldnt sound "the same" as people say in reference to some of the other larger, pricier amps they sell. Perhaps having its own signature might have helped. 

Its a simple concern. If you buy one product that is relatively new on the market, and are happy with your purchase. Then the company makes another product very quickly after the first and its half the size, a third to a quater of the price, and "sounds the same" (the main factor of an audio product), the original purchaser might feel some remorse. However, should they have sounded a little different (again sound being the foremost consideration when buying audio gear), they would be two different products in their own right and less subject to such debate. 

I dont really want to offend anyone, i dont even own either amp. Just after reading all the reviews here I thought the fact they apparently sound the same was odd for me.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,212 of 2,252
Quote:
THeres nothing wrong with a cheaper product with similar performance. In fact that should be encouraged across the entire industry or any industry for that matter. I just think it shouldnt sound "the same" as people say in reference to some of the other larger, pricier amps they sell. Perhaps having its own signature might have helped. 

Asking them to color up the signature of an amp that is not supposed to do so just so insecure buyers of other products will feel justified in their purchase? I don't see it.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #1,213 of 2,252
I didnt think you would, ive read the entire thread- your not one to agree.

Its a simple legitimate concern, none of these consumer grade amps are completely flat, they are all "colored up" in one way or another to sound as best as they can to the consumer.

Im stopping here, my point is expressed, and its a fair one. Anything from this point on is just stupid arguing on the internet.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,214 of 2,252
Quote:
I didnt think you would, ive read the entire thread- your not one to agree.

Its a simple legitimate concern, none of these consumer grade amps are completely flat, they are all "colored up" in one way or another to sound as best as they can to the consumer.

Im stopping here, my point is expressed, and its a fair one. Anything from this point on is just stupid arguing on the internet.

Who do you feel the need to make it personal? The only person I have not agreed with in this thread is the guy who was talking about USB cables. Why are you posting if you don't want discussion? Don't give me a back-handed insult because I'm disagreeing with you.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,215 of 2,252
Quote:
Who do you feel the need to make it personal? The only person I have not agreed with in this thread is the guy who was talking about USB cables. Why are you posting if you don't want discussion? Don't give me a back-handed insult because I'm disagreeing with you.

preach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back