Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 17, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #14,971 of 23,494
97 hours in and I'm forced into a confession: I'm happily colluding with my 1983 Reflektor 6N3P-Es (thanks again, Bob!). I hereby disavow all tubes from the Capitalist Pigs.... HAHAHAHAHA!! j/k. You'll pry the Glass Menagerie out of my cold, dead hands. Seriously though, you 2C51, et al., freaks who haven't tried good, solid Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! 6N3P-Es need to at least wade into the kiddie pool. I'll be waiting in the deep end with my 1959s :D
I’ll throw you a life vest

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #14,972 of 23,494
97 hours in and I'm forced into a confession: I'm happily colluding with my 1983 Reflektor 6N3P-Es (thanks again, Bob!). I hereby disavow all tubes from the Capitalist Pigs.... HAHAHAHAHA!! j/k. You'll pry the Glass Menagerie out of my cold, dead hands. Seriously though, you 2C51, et al., freaks who haven't tried good, solid Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! 6N3P-Es need to at least wade into the kiddie pool. I'll be waiting in the deep end with my 1959s :D

drown.jpg

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #14,973 of 23,494

I'm hoping these things finally get noticed and get popular....I'm sat on over 100 of 6n3p variants from 69, through to 79.....My two favorites are nickel pin Reflektors 1970 6n3p-I Quad Mica, gold grid, dual wire getters (received a batch, all like new condition), and a batch of 1973 unbranded export nickel pin 6n3p dual wire getter. Most of the ones I have are all pretty decent, but these two batches just seem to stand above the rest in terms of soundstage and detail. They're beating almost all of my other tubes as my favorites at the moment.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #14,976 of 23,494
Ok all you self anointed experts of the glass. If you have time to kill and looking to sound off with your expert opinion, Please go into my personal info and check out my stock of tubes.
EVERYONE knows I don’t know my A$$ from a hole in the ground due to my inexperience ONLY so your opinion is valued.
How many ....
1) are really good
2) descent
3) don’t know
4) bro those really suck.

I’m going to go through all of them eventually and my ears are all what counts, but that’s where I want to see if I’m hearing what you guys hear. I know it’s my gear and the synergy with my HP’s also play a huge role in what we all hear. Something different and It’s all in fun so does anyone want to play?
If anyone does, I’d be shocked and if so, thank you bro’s.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #14,977 of 23,494
I'm hoping these things finally get noticed and get popular....I'm sat on over 100 of 6n3p variants from 69, through to 79.....My two favorites are nickel pin Reflektors 1970 6n3p-I Quad Mica, gold grid, dual wire getters (received a batch, all like new condition), and a batch of 1973 unbranded export nickel pin 6n3p dual wire getter. Most of the ones I have are all pretty decent, but these two batches just seem to stand above the rest in terms of soundstage and detail. They're beating almost all of my other tubes as my favorites at the moment.
I just ordered the 10 for $24 shipped from Ukraine. Drunken Menagerie buttressing FTW!

"Don't you try to revive me,
I've just..................... drowned......"

Happy Near Millennial Page, brothers (and all you lurking sisters :wink: )

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #14,978 of 23,494
Ok all you self anointed experts of the glass. If you have time to kill and looking to sound off with your expert opinion, Please go into my personal info and check out my stock of tubes.
EVERYONE knows I don’t know my A$$ from a hole in the ground due to my inexperience ONLY so your opinion is valued.
How many ....
1) are really good
2) descent
3) don’t know

I’m going to go through all of them eventually and my ears are all what counts, but that’s where I want to see if I’m hearing what you guys hear. I know it’s my gear and the synergy with my HP’s also play a huge role in what we all hear. Something different and It’s all in fun so does anyone want to play?
#2 tells me you're headed down the Rabbit Hole in a schiitfire fury. Enjoy the ride :wink: :)

Nothing wrong with most of your tubes, and as you say, you need to make that call yourself, so I'll just say this: sell most of those "cans" and get yourself some real transducers. I know it's nearly verboten! in this hallowed thread, but the cans (i.e., transducers) are going to make the biggest difference. Your amps are good, too (said the man with a Lyr 1 and... ???). That said, no way in hell I'm going to tell you what cans to buy. I'm pretty much a planar magnetic man, though I've never splashed serious cash on high-end dynamics. Probably some day, but no day soon. I don't want to knock your Hifiman 400i as I've never heard them, but I've read enough comparisons to feel confident they're not going to touch my HE-5LE, HE-500 and HE-560.

My 5-min. $0.02

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #14,979 of 23,494
I'm saving up right now for a pair of Seimen's Cca's from the 60s. Pray for my wallet please. Appreciate the offer though! :)

Hope you can find a good pair at a decent price. Definitely go for the grey shields, as all the long time Siemens freaks herein will tell you. :beerchug:
My silver shields (off ebay) have been great

Brent jesse also mentioned to me that his feedback does not suggest the gray shields are necessarily better.

Id say go the gray unless you find silver shields considerably cheaper. Which you probably will

But obviously that’s up to you

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #14,980 of 23,494
How many ....
1) are really good
2) descent
3) don’t know

Think as you get more experienced in rolling, you may find the ECC88 tubes at the top of your for sale list. There are far better Heelen tubes out there like the E188CC, CCa, d getter E88CC. You can add that pair of PW and most of those 2C51 variants to the top of your keep list. The 73 Philips E88CC is a good set. Not a fan of Tesla, quite like the Belmar CV2492. Basically my opinion of course. I don't have your equipment ears gear etc. What is most important is what you like.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #14,981 of 23,494
I just ordered the 10 for $24 shipped from Ukraine. Drunken Menagerie buttressing FTW!

"Don't you try to revive me,
I've just..................... drowned......"

Happy Near Millennial Page, brothers (and all you lurking sisters :wink: )

These?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lot-of-10-6N3P-I-Analog-of-6CC42-6385-5670-2C51-/222708708629?

They're the ones that came like new, and are the ones I'm loving. Just put 80 hours on a pair from 1970 (I got three years in my batch - 70 - 72), and they really opened up after the 60 hour mark, it was almost like a switch was flicked.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #14,982 of 23,494
These?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lot-of-10-6N3P-I-Analog-of-6CC42-6385-5670-2C51-/222708708629?

They're the ones that came like new, and are the ones I'm loving. Just put 80 hours on a pair from 1970 (I got three years in my batch - 70 - 72), and they really opened up after the 60 hour mark, it was almost like a switch was flicked.

Very good news
Ive been waiting well over 2 weeks for them to get here. Just looked at my order and they “just” shipped yesterday. Damn, got at least another week. Looking forward to hearing these babies.

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #14,983 of 23,494
Very good news
Ive been waiting well over 2 weeks for them to get here. Just looked at my order and they “just” shipped yesterday. Damn, got at least another week. Looking forward to hearing these babies.

Mine were shipped within 2 days, tooks weeks to get here though. I wouldn't rely on the data you get back from ebay shipping, from those countries it's usually incorrect. Mine did take around a month to arrive though.

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #14,984 of 23,494
Very good news
Mine were shipped within 2 days, tooks weeks to get here though. I wouldn't rely on the data you get back from ebay shipping, from those countries it's usually incorrect. Mine did take around a month to arrive though.

No need to speculate, both the Ukraine and Russia provide detailed tracking information on their Postal websites. Search for the official Postal website, find the 'English' option, enter your tracking number, and you will have detailed station to station tracking from acceptance to international departure. When it reaches international departure, USPS is notified and you can pick up tracking on the USPS website.

EBay can only provide the tracking number when it is registered automatically through their shipping process, or when it is provided separately by the seller. Never had an inconsistency with eBay's tracking reports, a time lag yes, but not inconsistency. With a two week delay, if that is the case, I would look to a stock issue. But you can easily find out by just asking the seller. And you can also check the Postal website for the acceptance date.

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #14,985 of 23,494
No need to speculate, both the Ukraine and Russia provide detailed tracking information on their Postal websites. Search for the official Postal website, find the 'English' option, enter your tracking number, and you will have detailed station to station tracking from acceptance to international departure. When it reaches international departure, USPS is notified and you can pick up tracking on the USPS website.

EBay can only provide the tracking number when it is registered automatically through their shipping process, or when it is provided separately by the seller. Never had an inconsistency with eBay's tracking reports, a time lag yes, but not inconsistency. With a two week delay, if that is the case, I would look to a stock issue. But you can easily find out by just asking the seller. And you can also check the Postal website for the acceptance date.

great info, thanks very much. I've always had erratic info from ebay from certain places, so I'll try as you suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back