Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #14,881 of 23,494
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #14,883 of 23,494
They aren’t as smooth as grammpas but they are nos or basically unused. Getting better and of course very good.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #14,886 of 23,494
Yeah got a pair from them. Have bought from them previously as well. They are the un-cursed TS2C51's.
Mr Billerb1 are these ts tubes tk highlighted and bought the ones you have been loving the most and from this seller or was it another pair of tubes?

Ta

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #14,887 of 23,494
Mr Billerb1 are these ts tubes tk highlighted and bought the ones you have been loving the most and from this seller or was it another pair of tubes?

Ta

No they (the ones from vacuumtubesinc.) aren't my #1's but I only have about maybe 20 hours on them. They may be every bit as good as my #1's...just don't know.
My first and favorite pair of TS2c51's are from an ebay seller called Arizona Tube Supply. Weren't NOS and have no printing left on them. Look like hell, sound like heaven.
Best bass I've ever heard. Best instrument timbre I've ever heard, Best holography I've ever heard.
And the midrange ain't bad either.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #14,889 of 23,494
No they (the ones from vacuumtubesinc.) aren't my #1's but I only have about maybe 20 hours on them. They may be every bit as good as my #1's...just don't know.
My first and favorite pair of TS2c51's are from an ebay seller called Arizona Tube Supply. Weren't NOS and have no printing left on them. Look like hell, sound like heaven.
Best bass I've ever heard. Best instrument timbre I've ever heard, Best holography I've ever heard.
And the midrange ain't bad either.

That's great info. I actually just emailed him about this tube or something of the like. I'm hoping he has some kind of storefront (I doubt it though) where I can just run down to his place and pick them up and save the shipping cost and time. He's a good guy/seller? Can I ask were the tubes you're referring too an arm and leg in cost?

By the way, I'm listening to the Tung Sols I got from you. I likie. Both sets have been very good to my ears so thanks again bro!

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #14,890 of 23,494
Nov 12, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #14,892 of 23,494
Nov 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #14,893 of 23,494
I'd really like to know how you like these after you get them. They've been sitting in my cart for days but haven't pulled the trigger.
I have two sets of those. 1st set took about 5 hours to stop any odd little air noises. Second set about 15 hours. Both now sound outstanding. The second set I hope to keep in my amp for sometime and see how they develop over time (yeaaaa right, said that before). I have other TS pairs but have not played with them yet. Just some singles I have listened to.

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #14,895 of 23,494
That's great info. I actually just emailed him about this tube or something of the like. I'm hoping he has some kind of storefront (I doubt it though) where I can just run down to his place and pick them up and save the shipping cost and time. He's a good guy/seller? Can I ask were the tubes you're referring too an arm and leg in cost?

By the way, I'm listening to the Tung Sols I got from you. I likie. Both sets have been very good to my ears so thanks again bro!

Glad you're enjoying the tubes Greg. If I remember right the pair of TS 2c51's I got from Arizona Tube Supply were only around $40 for the pair. They were just a used pair...nothing special about the way they were written up. But when they opened up at about 50 hours the bass was the big surprise. My two back up pairs may have as good bass but I just haven't put the hours on them to really see. I'm just a sucker for that TS sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back