Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 15, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #14,911 of 23,493
Both of my W396as are microphonic. They give off a nice Xylophone note when you tap the tube and these have been burned in a little more than 40 hours. Do you guys think these will keep being microphonic or will it go away after burning them in a bit longer?
I have tubes like that, microphonic on tap, they are fine otherwise. I stopped tapping a while ago. I pair of tubes I gave away was highly microphonic on tap but otherwise ok.

Nov 15, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #14,912 of 23,493
I have tubes like that, microphonic on tap, they are fine otherwise. I stopped tapping a while ago. I pair of tubes I gave away was highly microphonic on tap but otherwise ok.

I’ll have to sit still then, lol. When I move my head the headphone cable slides across my desk and I can hear It ringing.

Nov 15, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #14,914 of 23,493
That is not my definition of normal, I would return them.

Thanks for the feedback. Started the return and l’ll use the money towards another pair. I really started to like them with more burn in.

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #14,916 of 23,493
Thanks for the feedback. Started the return and l’ll use the money towards another pair. I really started to like them with more burn in.
I just linked these to somebody in PM. Try the Herbies tube dampers, they are supposed to help with microphonics and they tighten the bass a bit, small but noticeable. Don`t know if the at would help with those highly micro... WE though. I use them in my dac and amp. I have the UltraSonic SS-9 version about $30 a pair.
http://herbiesaudiolab.net/preamp.htm

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #14,917 of 23,493
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112635130747
15 hrs left Heerlen 1960 D-getter pair auction.
I’m the high bidder so far. Bid on it bro. Buy it as I don’t need it. I bought 4 sets yesterday alone. I have issues.

Edit: It really doesn’t matter. It’s gonna go for a lot more then my last bid.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #14,919 of 23,493
Got 2 pair of the 7L4 1959 pair and NIB 1958 pair, I'm good. Auctions end weekday tend to go for less.

Damn, my luck it’ll be a win. Had doubts when I placed last bid. No biggie if I win. I’m probably going to unload half the tubes I have seeing I’m up over 30 sets now, some multiples. Gonna burn through all, see what I like and keep only what I really like. I have more then enough tubes for 5 lifetimes now.
I have a different philosophy then most probably. I like to hoard, compare them unload.

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #14,920 of 23,493
I’m the high bidder so far. Bid on it bro. Buy it as I don’t need it. I bought 4 sets yesterday alone. I have issues.

Edit: It really doesn’t matter. It’s gonna go for a lot more then my last bid.

You don’t have a problem you have a hobby. :wink: On the other hand my girlfriend says, “A hobby in what? Rebuilding Russian nuclear launch centers?” She doesn’t understand why I need these tubes.

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #14,921 of 23,493
Damn, my luck it’ll be a win. Had doubts when I placed last bid. No biggie if I win. I’m probably going to unload half the tubes I have seeing I’m up over 30 sets now, some multiples. Gonna burn through all, see what I like and keep only what I really like. I have more then enough tubes for 5 lifetimes now.
I have a different philosophy then most probably. I like to hoard, compare them unload.
These tubes rival the PW for me, they sound nothing like the PW though, don't sound like the regular Heerlen Holland tubes either. They have warmth but are highly detailed as well.
I'm at 28 sets, 14 6922 variants and 14 2C51/396A variants. Only keeping the best of the best sets. Think I was around 50 sets or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back