Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 7, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #14,791 of 23,494
Check my signature for military version (JTL) matched pair of Tung Sol 2C51's. PM me if interested.

***S O L D***

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #14,796 of 23,494
One of these days you mavens of mids will try zmf headphones . Tears ensue.
Billy were those the ones from lamberto in Malagâ?

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #14,797 of 23,494
That’s a lot of clean for the 700s but I bet the 560 loves it. Well tk, I had quoted u there

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #14,798 of 23,494
For anyone that's a fan of the russian 6n3p tube variants, I just received 10 of these, and they're exactly as described/pictured, they look brand new. Dates ranged from 1970 to 1972. Took a while to get here, but worth the wait, and definitely with the price. Not burned in yet, but they already sound really good. Much better than a lot of the other 6n3p-Is, and -Es I have, up there with some of my favorites.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lot-of-10-6N3P-I-Analog-of-6CC42-6385-5670-2C51-/222708708629?

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #14,799 of 23,494
For anyone that's a fan of the russian 6n3p tube variants, I just received 10 of these, and they're exactly as described/pictured, they look brand new. Dates ranged from 1970 to 1972. Took a while to get here, but worth the wait, and definitely with the price. Not burned in yet, but they already sound really good. Much better than a lot of the other 6n3p-Is, and -Es I have, up there with some of my favorites.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lot-of-10-6N3P-I-Analog-of-6CC42-6385-5670-2C51-/222708708629?

Still cannot wrap my head around a lot of 10 tubes for $13. I haven't been into tubes that long but man, that is cheap and it makes one think how good can a tube be that sells for a little more then a $1? You can't even buy a candy bar for that price.
When you say they sound really good, what does that mean? Detailed, great SS, bright, tight bass, lots of air, great timbre, etc? I’m interested before pulling the trigger. Even though they’re literally cheaper then a bottle of Az. dirt, I sincerely would like ur take. Honestly, for that price, if they do sound that good, how can i pass it up? I don't need any more tubes but I'm starting to see I'm a junkie and I need my fix.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #14,800 of 23,494
A little off topic, but other then going balanced (which is a very good thing) is it really worth another 4 bills to upgrade from L2 to Mjolnir 2? I don’t really have any high impedance HP’s to drive other then the HD 650.
I’m really thinking about selling my Jot and a pair of HP’s or 2 to upgrade but would like the experts take before even considering. I hate losing any of my HP’s but 2-3 are just collecting dust.

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #14,801 of 23,494
Still cannot wrap my head around a lot of 10 tubes for $13. I haven't been into tubes that long but man, that is cheap and it makes one think how good can a tube be that sells for a little more then a $1? You can't even buy a candy bar for that price.
When you say they sound really good, what does that mean? Detailed, great SS, bright, tight bass, lots of air, great timbre, etc? I’m interested before pulling the trigger. Even though they’re literally cheaper then a bottle of Az. dirt, I sincerely would like ur take. Honestly, for that price, if they do sound that good, how can i pass it up? I don't need any more tubes but I'm starting to see I'm a junkie and I need my fix.

Heck with it. I just bought them. Lol

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #14,805 of 23,494

The sound is very very similar to the 6n23p if you have tried those.

If not, they basically have a relatively flat curve, decent bottom end and extended top end, airy, with a wide soundstage and good detail definition.

In comparison to the Amperex 7308s I have, they’re less warm in the low mids, more air in the top end, and a slightly wider soundstage.

They do require the 5670 to 6922 adapters, so don’t plug them in directly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191636111735

The price is low, but just becuse they’re not as well known as the other big guns in my opinion. To my ears, I prefer them much more than a lot of more expensive tubes I have.

Let me know what you think of them when they arrive. I’d be happy to send you a pair in the meantime while you wait for yours if you’re keen to try them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back