Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 9, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #14,821 of 23,494
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #14,823 of 23,494
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #14,826 of 23,494
Without this thread, I wouldn't have this amp and probably still diggin the stock tubes thinking that nothing could touch them. I've participated in many threads and this is by far the most comfortable feeling thread where I'm just not some stupid a$$ who's blown off when asking a simple question.
Well, pause/rewind/ replay.....I am a stupid a$$ who's full of a lot of schiit.

On another note, I finally slapped in the 57 PW's again and damn, these sound good, really good. I have too many good to great tubes with WAY too many HP's to figure out what tube sounds best with what HP. I keep telling myself there's no hurry.....just enjoy the ride. Then I buy another lot or pair of tubes. I'm sick.
Good to hear. PW’s are pretty specail.

I remember when i first heard also being impressed on how good they were even at low volume

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #14,829 of 23,494
Thanks very much @TK16. I have to add to the "this post is awesome" commentary and say I've learnt so much from here in such a short time, and have avoided some really dumb purchases, and found some unknown gems too.

@rnros also recently enlightened me on the 6C8G compatibility with the Mjolnir 2 with adapters, which I just ordered, so I'm pretty excited to get those next week.

Big thanks to everyone for sharing knowledge. My ears are much happier as a result (my wallet isn't though).

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #14,830 of 23,494
Thanks very much @TK16. I have to add to the "this post is awesome" commentary and say I've learnt so much from here in such a short time, and have avoided some really dumb purchases, and found some unknown gems too.

@rnros also recently enlightened me on the 6C8G compatibility with the Mjolnir 2 with adapters, which I just ordered, so I'm pretty excited to get those next week.

Big thanks to everyone for sharing knowledge. My ears are much happier as a result (my wallet isn't though).
You should read back... schiit, must be 30 pages ago now... when a few of us were posting about the 6C8Gs. You should find the Tung-Sols that are on offer from India. Three or four of us have them, and they are worth the slightly extra cost. The seemingly high shipping is, in fact, not at all, as we got them in two or three days. The Ken-Rads are worth tracking down, too. There was a Canadian seller. All those on eBay.

Good luck, and enjoy the roll :)

Here are the TS: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1MP-6C8G-V...und-black-plate-Amplitrex-tested/202012976996

...and Merry Christmas :wink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-TV...k-Plate-Dual-Triode-VT-163-Tubes/152780744068

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #14,831 of 23,494
You should read back... schiit, must be 30 pages ago now... when a few of us were posting about the 6C8Gs. You should find the Tung-Sols that are on offer from India. Three or four of us have them, and they are worth the slightly extra cost. The seemingly high shipping is, in fact, not at all, as we got them in two or three days. The Ken-Rads are worth tracking down, too. There was a Canadian seller. All those on eBay.

Good luck, and enjoy the roll :)

Here are the TS: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1MP-6C8G-V...und-black-plate-Amplitrex-tested/202012976996

...and Merry Christmas :wink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-TV...k-Plate-Dual-Triode-VT-163-Tubes/152780744068

Awesome, thanks very much.It was the Ken-Rads that he recommended, and I just ordered from Canada. Most of the rest that I'm finding are GE. I'll have to check out the Tung-Sols too. I want to try the Tung-Sol 2C51s as well.

I've been working my way through the thread slowly. So many pages of gold.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #14,832 of 23,494
Ooooohhhhhhh Wiiiilllllllard.... errrrr, @Guidostrunk ...this one's for you and yr minions. Sorry for the quality, but Fripp is the Poseidon of crushing copyright infringement in his mighty Wake. Best I could dredge up; poisoned esp. for you :wink:

... 8-bit version, esp. for all you old Atari 2600 & arcade freaks :wink:

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #14,833 of 23,494
God I loved the first two King Crimson albums. Michael Giles, one of the least known of the truly great early rock drummers. What an incredible monster.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #14,834 of 23,494
God I loved the first two King Crimson albums. Michael Giles, one of the least known of the truly great early rock drummers. What an incredible monster.
I was going to PM you about his skill on the cymbals... maddening. Sometimes I listen to those two albums just for him... and mostly for the cymbals, though his snare work on Schizoid Sammy... whatever that song's called... is outstanding. Positively visceral in the most unique way. No schiit: sometimes I judge tubes on how that snare sounds/impacts in the cans. I think I need to get his album with ... Ian McDonald. LOL. Those ellipses represent me looking it up and placing the order before completing the thought. Thanks a lot, Bill :p :wink: :)

I'll get back to you next Wed. when I've heard it... and when those windmill getter Raytheons have burned in (cuz on-topic and schiit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back