Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 4, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #14,762 of 23,494
FWIW, I preferred the Raytheon over the RCA myself. The RCA is similar to the WE396a, but lacks the precision of the imaging, and overall greatness. The Raytheon reminds me of the cbs hytron. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either.
Thanks, no need to buy them for myself. Has your opinion changed on the Tesla PW? Think that is the only top tier 5670 variant I do not have.

Nov 4, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #14,763 of 23,494
Nov 4, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #14,764 of 23,494
I really like the rca square getters. To me they are the most natural sounding of the 5670s I’ve heard. Great with vocals and excellent soundstage.. I swap them out with the tung sols and ge tubes pretty regularly.

Nov 4, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #14,765 of 23,494
Ha ha tony , old guy... no thanks. There’s a problem somewhere.

Nov 4, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #14,768 of 23,494
FWIW, I preferred the Raytheon over the RCA myself. The RCA is similar to the WE396a, but lacks the precision of the imaging, and overall greatness. The Raytheon reminds me of the cbs hytron. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either.

Thanx, your opinion is worth a lot. Decisions now.

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #14,769 of 23,494
Bro, I finally slapped in my WE 2C51 NOS and so far, it’s one of the best sounding tubes I have and it’s on the cheap. Nice tight and punchy bass, mid forward, Nice SS and seperation and I love the treble. Thank you for suggesting these to me in the first place. I believe I’m really starting to hear all these little intricate details between tubes I wasn’t hearing before. I also have put the Jot out of commission instead of A/B’ing the two amps.
I was thinking about selling the Jot but I’m starting to think that Planars need a Solid State amp as it just loses something with tubes, or I haven’t found the righteous ones yet. Maybe some more time with them and I may change my mind.
Anyway, all I wanted to say was thanks but it turned into a dissertation.

You can always sell the Jot and purchase a Mjolnir 2. The amp has plenty of power on tap for planars or headphones from 100ohm and below and you'll be able to use all of the same tubes. It works well with some 300ohm headphones but I found that it has a hard time with the ZMF Atticus. Looks like I need more power to push that headphone.

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #14,770 of 23,494
I do have Jot but I like the Jot to sell...Although, I need to upgrade to Lyr1 to Mj2...but I can't afford the Mj2 and gummy or Yggy combo.
However, is Mj2 and bimby combo ok? Does anyone have this setup?

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #14,771 of 23,494
I'll have to revisit it again bro. It's been awhile since I rolled it. All I remember is treble and bass to the extreme. I think I have only a total of 50 to 60 hours on it. I'll do a follow up tomorrow morning. I'll pop it in now and spend the night with it. Lol.
Thanks, no need to buy them for myself. Has your opinion changed on the Tesla PW? Think that is the only top tier 5670 variant I do not have.

Nov 4, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #14,773 of 23,494
I do have Jot but I like the Jot to sell...Although, I need to upgrade to Lyr1 to Mj2...but I can't afford the Mj2 and gummy or Yggy combo.
However, is Mj2 and bimby combo ok? Does anyone have this setup?

I have a Eitr+Mimby+MJ2 combo and I personally think it sounds amazing. The Mimby is pretty much the same as the Bimby except with the Bimby you’ll be able to upgrade when Schiit offers it. So a Bimby with the newest Gen 5 USB is a great choice or just purchase the Mimby. They’re both great DACs.

Nov 4, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #14,774 of 23,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back