Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 4, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #14,776 of 23,493
I'll save you some time, and especially money.

Order a pair of these:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/191928438290

Then order a pair of these:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/151621028745

There's plenty of other 5670 variants that are dirt cheap in comparison to the 6922 variants. And imo, they outperform the 6922's , in just about every way.

Cheers

Can anyone please recommend me a good 6922 sound signature that has the following: soundstage, details, fluidity, holographic? Price is no objective. I was told TELEFUNKEN 6922 ? How about Philip SQ ? Thanks

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #14,777 of 23,493
These are all JW tubes. I would be buying this right now if I didn't have enough 5670 tubes to last two lifetimes.

How do these compare to the 5 Star Triple Mica GE's? I like the body of these tubes with the highs they provide but I'm looking for tighter bass instead of it's slightly bloomy sound.

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #14,778 of 23,493
How do these compare to the 5 Star Triple Mica GE's? I like the body of these tubes with the highs they provide but I'm looking for tighter bass instead of it's slightly bloomy sound.

The JW WE396A tubes are my absolute favorite......better in every way than the GE 5 Star triple mica tubes. They are warm but are also detailed and clear. I am about to buy them.....

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #14,781 of 23,493
Hard core man, whats that 12 sets of WE 396A`s?

No, just 6 pairs. I have these now:

4 Pairs - Western Electric JW 2C51
2 Pairs - Western Electric 396A
2 Pairs - Tesla 6CC42 PW
2 Pairs - Tung-Sol 2C51
1 Pair - GE 5 Star Triple Mica
1 Pair - Reflektor 6NP3-E

I like them in that order too. The gap between the first and last on the list is smaller than the gap between my first and second favorite 6922 tubes...

I am going to get a Vali 2 again for my office nearfield setup...that's how I justified buying the four JW 2C51 tubes just now. I am so easy.....

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #14,782 of 23,493
Received the Bendix I got off of Bill today.
So far I am into them immensely. Love the sound. The bass hits deep and the treble sounds perfect for what HP's I'm using. I haven't used any brightly tuned HP's as I've test drove them with the Sony MDR Z7 and the Meze 99 classic so far. The Sony's have come alive like I've never heard before. Same with the Meze. Those always hit hard in the low end but now they are even tighter and punchier then before. Perfect tubes for both. Both sound better then ever before. The mids sound really good and are more upfront. Maybe it's me, but it seems the soundstage has opened up in an incredible way, very detailed too.
I'm digging these tubes alot.
I'm gonna roll in the PW's tomorrow to see how they differ from each other. Haven't had them in for a while and need to give another listen.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #14,784 of 23,493
I have a Eitr+Mimby+MJ2 combo and I personally think it sounds amazing. The Mimby is pretty much the same as the Bimby except with the Bimby you’ll be able to upgrade when Schiit offers it. So a Bimby with the newest Gen 5 USB is a great choice or just purchase the Mimby. They’re both great DACs.

Thanks brother! So I should get the MJ2 and upgrade Dac later....

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #14,785 of 23,493
Thanks brother! So I should get the MJ2 and upgrade Dac later....

In my opinion I think that's your best bet. The tubes themselves can change the sound to an extent and when you're ready you can sell the Mimby/Bimby here (they go pretty fast) and upgrade to the Gumby later. Even though I listened to a Gumby (which is definitely head and shoulders above the Mimby) i'm in no hurry to upgrade.

Waiting on the pair of WE 396A Square Getters to get here is getting me antsy. Ordered them a week ago and it ran into issues in shipping. Looks like the second time this has happened with the tubes TK sent me, lol.

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #14,786 of 23,493
That is USPS for you, your lucky they were just late. Got a pair of 1963 Siemens E188C with the box completely destroyed and water logged. They had to put the box in a baggie. Looks like it was left outside in the rain. I posted pics of it about 18 months ago. Tubes turned out fine except for a little label smearing. Still have them to this day. Got around 1000 hours on em.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #14,787 of 23,493
That is USPS for you, your lucky they were just late. Got a pair of 1963 Siemens E188C with the box completely destroyed and water logged. They had to put the box in a baggie. Looks like it was left outside in the rain. I posted pics of it about 18 months ago. Tubes turned out fine except for a little label smearing. Still have them to this day. Got around 1000 hours on em.

I'll bet there'd be mad synergy with your water-logged Siemens and Zeppelin's "No Quarter". Prime Vortex schiit.

underwater.jpg

Siemens - the official audio tube of the German Olympic Swimming Team.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #14,789 of 23,493

Damn that story made me cringe. At least they came out ok but I can imagine myself burying a pair of tubes outside and giving a eulogy. They lived 60 years and their lives cut short by the USPS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back