Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #22,757 of 23,494
Just when I think I'm done buying tubes for my VH2, I go and buy these ...

Capture.JPG

Strong measuring Raytheon Lansdale CBRZ 12AU7s at $21.99.

1. Square Getter (check)
2. Black Plates (check).

WTH -- worth a shot! (9-pin version of the 7N7 CBRZ Frankies??)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #22,758 of 23,494
I have generally found most Raytheon's and Tung Sols to be really good performing tubes in many versions. Maybe not the best of the best (other than the TS black glass round plate 6SN7's) but never absolute garbage like some other brands ...........starting with the letter G!!!!

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #22,759 of 23,494

1. Square Getter (check)
2. Black Plates (check).

Be interested to hear how they sound. Not a direct 9-pin 6SN7 equivalent (that would be a 6CG7), but so what...they may be awesome just the same.

This just came in today, so it'll be interesting to see what these ECC40's can do....

ECC40 to 6SN7 Adapter.jpg

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #22,760 of 23,494
So my first gen. Lyr has suddenly begun munching tubes. Whether it caused the first failure or the tube failure caused the amp to lose its ability to stay biased is a chicken and egg question. Interestingly, the Russian 6h23-eb are so tough that they seem to work fine. Everything else goes bacon-fry noisy and cherry red in minutes.

Schiit wants $30 to look at it to give me an estimate of the cost to fix. Shipping will be at least that. Wondering whether it’s worth it to invest repair $$ in a 10 year old amp, especially since, coincidentally, I have a Burson Soloist on the way (I also have a Burson SS V5 vivid opa-d on the way, which I had planned to install in the Lyr)....

Anyone here deal with Schiit for out of warranty service? Are they reasonably priced, or is it likely to cost me more than the amp is worth to try to save it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #22,761 of 23,494

1. Square Getter (check)
2. Black Plates (check).

Those are supposed to be pretty good, from what I have read, and I have been wanting to give them a try. Let us know, what you think.

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #22,762 of 23,494
Those are supposed to be pretty good, from what I have read, and I have been wanting to give them a try. Let us know, what you think.

Be aware that @Ripper2860 's reference HP-100 headphones may not be the best tool for showcasing any sonic differences. He keeps getting the left and right sides mixed up anyway.... :stuck_out_tongue:

upload_2019-11-6_9-54-39.png

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #22,763 of 23,494
Be aware that @Ripper2860 's reference HP-100 headphones may not be the best tool for showcasing any sonic differences. He keeps getting the left and right sides mixed up anyway.... :stuck_out_tongue:

That's a killer price! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #22,764 of 23,494

When you sold them to me you stated they were relabeled
ZMF Auteur headphones. :unamused:

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #22,765 of 23,494
Nov 6, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #22,766 of 23,494
So my first gen. Lyr has suddenly begun munching tubes. Whether it caused the first failure or the tube failure caused the amp to lose its ability to stay biased is a chicken and egg question. Interestingly, the Russian 6h23-eb are so tough that they seem to work fine. Everything else goes bacon-fry noisy and cherry red in minutes.

Schiit wants $30 to look at it to give me an estimate of the cost to fix. Shipping will be at least that. Wondering whether it’s worth it to invest repair $$ in a 10 year old amp, especially since, coincidentally, I have a Burson Soloist on the way (I also have a Burson SS V5 vivid opa-d on the way, which I had planned to install in the Lyr)....

Anyone here deal with Schiit for out of warranty service? Are they reasonably priced, or is it likely to cost me more than the amp is worth to try to save it?

Thanks.

I sent a Lyr 1 for repair (pre amp out put noise). Service said my Lyr 1 was operating within normal parameters. Returned my Lyr 1 with a fresh pair of tubes. My Lyr 1 was not repaired. I tossed it, and kept the vacuum tubes.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #22,767 of 23,494

Thanks for displaying my ad for awesome Maxell cans, as a bonus I am adding a free Maxell beta max video tape. Lightly used has some nice 80's sitcoms on it but you can tape over it.

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #22,768 of 23,494
Thanks for displaying my ad for awesome Maxell cans, as a bonus I am adding a free Maxell beta max video tape. Lightly used has some nice 80's sitcoms on it but you can tape over it.

Box included? Or is that $400 extra?

:relaxed:

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #22,770 of 23,494
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Lookie what I got.
I know this is a LYR3 but we had some discussion earlier about these adapters with a riser base to eliminate a socket saver to fit in a Schiit Amp. Damn these are nice and incredibly easy to use. Now I can roll in all my 2C51/E88cc, etc tubes in the L3 along with my MJ2. Very cool indeed.
Of course the tube in the 1st pick has the adapter for the 2C51 and the like. It’s pretty cool having all this versatility with this amp.
He does good work gents and he’s reasonable. Great guy too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back