1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. bcowen
    Here's what I have (12AU7's). Construction details look pretty similar.

RFTs.jpg

TK16 and Strat1117 like this.
  2. TK16
    Man the workmanship on these E Germans tubes absolutely breathtaking. Heard an unsubstantiated rumor that they sound better than GE tubes.

bcowen likes this.
  3. bcowen
    LOL! Yeah, but do they sound better than Philips ECG's? That's the question.

Been a really long time since I've listened to these. I remember when I got them and swapped them for some OEM Chinese tubes that they blew me away. Floored even. Then I heard about a tube that was a direct substitute for a 12AU7. Went by the number 7316 and made by some company named Amperex, and as soon as those were installed the RFT's went to the shelf and never returned. And I only have the short plate 7316's...only so much I'm willing to spend on tubes you know. :slight_smile:

TK16 likes this.
  4. Strat1117
    bcowen likes this.
  5. bcowen
    I forgot that I'd placed the minimum bid ($29) on these a week ago....until I just now won the auction. Philips presumably made these too so they may not sound any different than the Radiotechnique, but at least I'll have some Valvo boxes I can sell to @TK16 and recoup my cost. :laughing:

upload_2019-10-27_17-7-32.png

Wes S, Mr Trev and TK16 like this.
  6. Ripper2860
    I see BangyBang has changed their flooring preferences ... :wink:

bcowen likes this.
  7. bcowen
    Wes S and Strat1117 like this.
  8. bcowen
    Yeah, and he's shipping from Europe now too. The cops must have finally caught up with him in the 'States. :confused:

9. TK16
    That German carpeting does not hold a candle to Bangy's USA carpeting.

bcowen likes this.
  10. bcowen
    Picky, picky, picky. Once I get the boxes, I'll photograph them on a rug made from wool fibers that have been x-rayed for imperfections, run through a UTM for exact tensile strength consistency, and then micrometer'd to match diameters within .000001" before being hand woven by the virgin daughters of Buddhist monks and going through a final quality inspection with an electron microscope. Only the best for you. :slight_smile:

Strat1117, mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  11. Strat1117
    These sound wonderful - liquid, open, airy, dynamic - but I’m not certain I trust the label. Audio Research confirmed that they appear to be genuine stock from the SP8/SP10 days, but I couldn’t find any seams, date marks, etc. To me, they look like European insides, but with Asian glass. Any thoughts?
    BBF3AC99-C719-4BC2-980D-9C42E772B33A.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  12. bcowen
    You got me. Hard to tell on the glass without a comparable tube next to it. The Soviet 9-pin tubes all seem to be a little larger in diameter than Euro or US equivalents, but I haven't messed with any Chinese tubes in a long while.

TK16 likes this.
  13. TK16
    If you add lush carpeting to that pic it would increase in value at least 5x.

bcowen likes this.
  14. kolkoo
    If these are 6dj8 they looks like Teslas to me.

Strat1117 likes this.
  15. Strat1117
    That makes sense. Have to see if I still have any Teslas to compare to. I used to love them in my phono section, but I think they’re all gone. Thanks!