1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. nwavesailor
    TK16, you can trash those crap '58 longplate Mullards when they arrive. :disappointed:

I will soon have the 'Goggle' approved 1957's!:yum:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. bcowen
    Absolutely. Adds air and ambience just like plopping an LP on the turntable. People like me don't love listening to old records only because they're a PITA. :smiley:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  3. bcowen
    I just offered $800.01. Sorry. :persevere:

4. Ripper2860
    I'm out! Too rich for my blood. :unamused:

bcowen likes this.
  5. Wes S
    Woo Hoo! I've got another 57' Blackburn, getting delivered today! Now I am all set, with Mullard, and time to find a backup Brimar Square Getter. :o2smile: I am digging these ECC82 tubes!

fotomeow and bcowen like this.
  6. bcowen
    Wait....do you have backups for the backup? :yum:

Wes S likes this.
  7. Wes S
    Ha. ha. I used to try and do that, but I am trying to control my urges, and just have 1 backup. We will see, how long that last!

8. TK16
    You got a pair for the LP, sounds heavenly in this amp.

Wes S likes this.
  9. Wes S
    One of these days. . .they will make there way into that amp. :wink:

10. TK16
  11. fotomeow
    Cracking deal on some Very rare Tele G73Rs/ECC802S/12au7s at tubedepot.com:
    upload_2019-6-19_13-2-46.png

bcowen likes this.
  12. nwavesailor
    Having never owned ANY French tubes, the Radiotechnique and Cifte (and Mazda?)12AU7 do interest me for some odd tube collecting reason. Upscale has them NOS / NIB tested for a few $$$ less than these, however.

Radiotechnique was part of the Philips company so they may well sound like their Dutch made counterparts. I guess there is only one way to know $$$.

Anyone here have experience with French 12AU7 tubes?

bcowen likes this.
  13. nwavesailor
    Or these 'STEALTH' black beauties from Tele at only $300/pair. When will the madness END!!!!!

14. TK16
    I can spray paint my Telefunken ECC82 pair for a few bucks less than those Telefunken's if anyone is interested?

Wes S likes this.
  15. nwavesailor
    Ah grasshopper, flat black paint and a silver marking pen and you have a new market for garden variety Tele's.

Look for these soon at Bangy Bang BUT,with gold pins!!!

jb77 and Wes S like this.