1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. Wes S
    Those are some beautiful looking tubes!

2. TK16
    Got my 2 Hamburg PCC88 57 PW singles in. 1 tube is decent testing the other mediocre. Instant top 10 ten tube. Extreme holography. Fantastic DAC tube. looks like I`m out to get another pair. Glorious sounding comes to mind.
    If anyone has a pair of the Hamburg PCC88 PW they would like to sell or trade for shoot me a PM.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Wes S likes this.
  3. Ripper2860
    Made an offer of $800 based on TK's glowing recommendation of the seller. Fingers-crossed!! :fingers_crossed:

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  4. TK16
    Kind of a low ball offer imo, I`d offer to pay $999 that way you are guaranteed in getting the tubes. Noisy tubes are overrated imo. Nothing wrong with some ambient noise.

bcowen likes this.
  5. nwavesailor
    I see a counter offer coming your way of ..........................$939! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. nwavesailor
    This is what we ALL want to see in a Mullard tube listing..............luxurious carpeting!!!!!!!!

carpet.png

fotomeow, mattrudy80 and jb77 like this.
  7. TK16
    More important than seeing long plates, goal post or square getters and even k61 codes. Though this carpet does not appear to be luxurious carpeting. More like a floor that has not been swept in years.

8. TK16
  9. TK16
    Price is reasonable imo. Looks like it has some heavy usage though for a 1955 I'd expect that.

10. nwavesailor
    For $200+ shipped, I want them to sound great and not look like they have been in use since 1955! Friends don't let friends buy ugly a** tubes.

OldSkool likes this.
  11. TK16
    This is coming from a 1958 Blackburn ECC82 owner. The pre 58's are where its at. At least that's what Google says.

12. nwavesailor
    Hey now................what does this 'Google' you speak off know about 1957 vs. 1958 Blackburn tubes? Oh, I forgot................. Google know EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Exactly how good are this 'Google' guy's ears????

Now that Alexa, SHE's got the golden ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google is correct, they are true POS tubes. Look for the '58's to arrive in Budd Lake in a couple of days, TK

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    jb77 and TK16 like this.
  13. fotomeow
    I'm not so sure that is carpet, fellas. Looks more like they found a dead rat in the basement and used it as a prop. :sweat_smile:

14. attmci
    I see. The tubes are slightly unbalanced too.

1700/2100 and 1750/2200