1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. bcowen
    Who cares about those crappy-a$$ Mullards. I'm goin' for the GE's and getting the Philips as backups.

I'll send pics of the blood stains on my shoulders as soon as I get them.

:relaxed:

Wes S and TK16 like this.
  2. Ripper2860
    Is it safe to say that Mullards are just 'ducky'? :wink:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Wes S and jb77 like this.
  3. bcowen
    The 5-star CIFTE's are quite nice. Great for an amp that's a little on the warm side and needs a little sparkle.

nwavesailor likes this.
  4. Ripper2860
    Bill has been known to add a 6th star and sell them on eBay as rare and highly sought-after, so be careful. :smirk:

bcowen likes this.
  5. TK16
    Only buy from European sellers, they always have the lowest prices on Blackburn ECC82 square getters.

6. bcowen
    TK16 likes this.
  7. Ripper2860
    So one should not by them from sellers in NJ? :confused:

8. bcowen
    The 6-star CIFTE's are unobtanium and cost more than a Ferrari. But if anybody wants some, let me know so I can get to work on the extra star.

Wes S and nwavesailor like this.
  9. TK16
  10. TK16
    Correct.

11. nwavesailor
    Great, NOW ya tell me!
    I have bought 2 pairs of Blackburn ECC82 from domestic sellers. I do understand that there would be more plentiful in the UK.
    I will have to go to E-Bay UK and France more often if I want to snag my 3rd pair I suppose!

Still lusting for those Black Beauty Tele's however! :yum:

12. nwavesailor
    I will keep the CIFTE in mind if, after an aftermarket Norne silver cable, I still am looking for a little more sizzle on top!

13. TK16
    Mid 70's Tesla E88CC will give you all the sizzle you could ever want a much much more. Then you can chase it down with some LM Ericsson 2C51 square getter. Have painkillers handy, the stronger the better.

14. Wes S
    Well, it looks like I have to eat crow, on this comment. :wink: The Mullard is to good, to only have 1 backup. The search continues. . .

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  15. Wes S
    I would have figured, you already had a huge stash of these! They are legit, and the only other tube, I have heard, that had magic like this, is the WE396A.