Separate names with a comma.
ya bc, but how did all those grits and chitlins get stuck on the PCB board? and don't tell us it was "Gravity's" fault!
wow, Ive never actually known of an AudioDharma OWNER before. "Those with the most toys win!". a- with me
But seeweeouswy. I could use some Recs on pulling out the tubes for rolling.
I mean, after bloody-ing my fingers at first, well that didn't work well.
Then using the Tubemonger and pin-savers sockets just left those sockets in the amp housing while I pulled the tubes out above them.
That then required a screwdriver to nudge the little dickens out of the Lyr socket and then fishing my fingers around down there to grab the dang thing.
So I went online: what do others do? What does Jason Stoddard suggest?
Well, turns out he suggests Old-skool: get a 4" piece of tape, wrap it around the top of the tube and pull up.
That's science boy. It is also a turd in the punchbowl b/c that tape rips the fragile printing right off my $250 HG tubes,
reducing their value considerably, as well as mis-identifying them for future use.
Hmmm. Are these the $300 CCa's or the $20 Russian knock-offs?
What do ya'll do? recs?
Hmmmm... Something like this may work for you.
"Hmmmm... Something like this may work for you.
Cool. Is this what you use?
It is even NOS too!! Fits the tubes!
"GC Electronics Electron / Vacuum Tube Extractor / Tongs with Coated Prongs. Acquired from government surplus. They are NOS (new old stock) and in new condition as pictured. 8" / 20.3cm in total length with prongs 1-3/4" / 4.4cm. See 2nd pic for government description."
I've been stacking two socket savers together. Probably not the greatest for SQ, but eases tube removal...
No, I don't have one but I've read of folks that do use them and they give it a positive review. Seems like it would work well for tubes and stranded socket saver/adapter removal on amps with recessed tube sockets. I'm thinking of snagging one for myself.
I was wondering about that! I like that solution, but also wonder about SQ. We get a lot of pretty good cheap socket savers from China, but always lurking in the back of my mind if they are constricting the capabilities of the NOS tubes. I suppose it could be tested, 1) by ear, or 2) by measuring sonics/graphs. But I don't have any equipment or software to test it properly.
I may spring for one too, just want to do a little bit more research. But my question is, how do you test for the NOS status of the prongs?
Stick them in your B&K and measure Gm??!!
I think I'll just take them at their word, given the seller is not BangyBang.
You guys are chickens, send it to me and I'll send it to 1 of you guys to test.
Last night was one of those nights when the music sounded better than it ever had before. And each song was like hearing it for the first time.
Love that schiit.
WTH -- I bought one. 1 left (or so they say).
BTW -- offer of $20 was quickly accepted, so you might want to try $15.
I would not use a screw driver, unless it is all wood. Lol. I use the small end of a chop stick or or an ice cream stick. Hickok 752/A owners can pull tubes out with our fingers. Them fingers are very strong.
And the best thing to do with a 752 is let an 83 rectifier tube cook for about 20 minutes and then yank it out with your bare fingers. Separates the men from the, um, men with skin left on their fingers.
Noticed that with 2C51/5670 with just a 3 minute warm up. Freaking hot.
Oh, that's beginner stuff. I pull those out with my teeth. LOL!!!