1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. bcowen
    Was just tryin' to get a particular flavor on those tubes. Chitlins really help take the edge off a tube with aggressive treble, and the grits, well that was just from having too much on the fork and some fell off. Next time I'll wear a bib. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Audiodharma works great with interconnects, speaker cables, power cords, but the real eye opener was giving my headphone cable a few days on it. Had to make an adapter for the Aeon cable, but I'll never listen to an 'uncooked' headphone cable again. Serious improvement.

Adapter.jpg

jb77 likes this.
  2. TK16
    Oops
    Thought I was in PM, hope nobody saw my credit card info.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  3. bcowen
    The Dremel and the pry bar were just for adding some 'vintage' character. A plasma torch was much more effective at getting the top off. If you're careful, destruction of the internal components is kept to a minimum.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

TK16 likes this.
  4. fotomeow
    Cool, Got the yellow one for $20.
    A good start, but ideally looking for something that will pull up from the bottom rather than place horizontal pressure against 70 yo glass.
    The Lyr n Mj2 both leave little to no room to work around the tube and get below it unless that grey cage can be removed.
    Anybody doing that?? (warranty or not:relieved:)

5. TK16
    The Schiit amps have far more more then my LP. This a has a very small clearance. Your talking millimetres vs inches.

jb77 likes this.
  6. fotomeow
    Yep, and it looks like there is no way to get more room around the tube in order to get under it.
    Apparently the darker grey metal grid that surrounds the tubes is a whole plate not just a small square of it,
    As seen in the educational video :projector: :slight_smile:
    (For Lyr and Mjolnir)

7. bcowen
    It was declined on the 3rd transaction. Perhaps it was the BangyBang order that flagged it.

:slight_smile:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  8. Ripper2860
    Did anyone get the 3-digit number from the back of the card? I'm trying to setup TK16's CC as my Paypal preferred payment method so I can buy all his tubes. PM me if you got it.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    jb77 and TK16 like this.
  9. OldSkool
    jb77 and TK16 like this.
  10. TK16
    Thought you were buying set 21 of the Telefunken ECC801S instead, already shipped.

jb77 likes this.
  11. TK16
    Maxed out makes none of the cards usable to any of you shady characters.

jb77 likes this.
  12. fotomeow
    Wasn't someone looking for some closed back warmish cans?

On Massdrop and closing in 35 minutes!
    Massdrop x MrSpeakers Ether CX Closed Headphones
    bookmark_border
    $900.00

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mrspeakers-ether-cx-closed-headphones[/SIZE]

Man, I would love to have a second pair of cans: some nice Planars

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless that was some kind of a SICK joke :neutral_face:

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  13. TK16
  14. jb77
    jasonho, TK16 and mattrudy80 like this.
  15. TK16
    jb77 likes this.