1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    Was just kidding, wonder if these cheapies will fare better than Brent's $200 pair that I just got refunded.

jb77 and bcowen like this.
  2. bcowen
    Apology accepted. Just try not to let it happen again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

jb77, fotomeow and TK16 like this.
  3. TK16
    Apology accepted only if you buy a square getter pair Brimar ECC82 from Brent. Ask for the pair with white print and red print.

4. fotomeow
    oooohhhh, sure, why not? In fact, I have a fantasy of walking into one of the super hi-end Audio stores in Silicon Valley, nonchalantly picking one of the SR Blue fuses out of the back of their amps, and casually walking out. :sweat_smile:

Well, I think its safe to say bc is the king of cable DIY on this thread. Those aluminum outlet templates look awesome.
    And like you said, just ad some respectable receptacles and wire and you're good.
    Once I saw those Tektons in his Sig, I knew he prolly spent "a little" time on AudioCircle. :sunglasses:

My only question is, why aren't the SR Black Fuses in your equipment Sig? huh? LOL:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

bcowen likes this.
  5. bcowen
    ROFL! If I put all the accessories, tweaks, stuff, crap, .0001 ounce $499 bottle of magic elixir, junk, snake oil, just discovered Holy Grail carbon fiber diamond-tipped Kevlar surrounded footer, voodoo charms, worthless items that I've blown money on over all the years in my sig, every one of my posts would take an entire page. Just trying to be considerate. :stuck_out_tongue:

And when you stop by that super high end store (they still have those?) if they're worth their salt they better have a pair of mono amps, so grab a Blue out of both and send one to me. Please? :laughing:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    fotomeow, jb77 and TK16 like this.
  6. bcowen
    Soooooo…..anybody know what the fuse value is in the Lyr 3? I know it's a 5x20, but what value? Or am I going to have to take the cover off, void the remainder of my warranty, and find out for myself? Why do I *always* have to do everything? Geeeez.

:disappointed_relieved:

7. jb77
    Thank you for all of the great information!
    It is appreciated! Might be looking for some more power cables in the near future!

bcowen likes this.
  8. Ripper2860
    You already voided your warranty when you removed the cover to extract your stranded tube lifter/adapter. Remember? :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  9. jb77
    Have some “setup” too do

9B757A71-7F18-4246-A805-AC85E8B2FDF7.jpeg A31A30FD-BF6A-4243-8CE6-B7F8F7785ADB.jpeg
    A9F615C1-E597-4496-8E23-6DC725C7E3B6.jpeg

bcowen, TK16 and Ripper2860 like this.
  10. jb77
    For everyone who celebrates it, have a safe and fun Easter!

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  11. bcowen
    Thank you for making that public. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I doubt that simply removing the cover voided the warranty. I would imagine it's done all the time if someone buys a DAC card to put in after the initial purchase. Besides, Schiit was not being totally upfront with that label on the back stating "no user serviceable components inside." The stuck socket saver was most definitely user serviceable, and I serviced it. :sunglasses:

Now if I get around to replacing the factory installed fuse with an expensive, fancy boutique fuse of unknown provenance with no known testing, no UL or CE certification, and only a wish and a hope that it will blow within at least 20 or 30 amps of its stated rating, THAT will void the warranty. :laughing:

12. TK16
    Happy Easter to all my tube addicted friends here!

13. bcowen
    To you too, TK.....and everyone else!

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  14. bcowen
    Excellent! And now the fun begins. You already know of course that the Pangea will need some break-in time before it sounds its best. About 5 days on the Audiodharma will do the trick on a cord that size. :slight_smile:

AudioDharma.jpg

jb77 and Ripper2860 like this.
  15. Ripper2860
    I beg to differ. Your use of a dremel and pry-bar to open the case definitely voided the warranty. :rolling_eyes:

(Ooops. I wasn't supposed to reveal that either, was I??)

Happy Easter!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    bcowen likes this.