1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    lol, Don`t think I ever owned any Telefunken with a 4 seam top bro. do you have a real small tool to go over the diamond to see if it is a positive, legit? if its laser`d you will feel the tool or whatever dropping in the diamond. Asking a lot as its a real small surface.

Just had a portable hard drive die on me, I blame the Indian Tele`s I`m burning in.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. AuditoryCanvas
    I had a pair that were marked 12AT7WA for export markets. They were genuine 801s.

Is the third mica transparent or opaque?

3. OldSkool
  4. OldSkool
    Structurally it all looks legit. Third mica is translucent...you can see thru it. Also, they have the double getter supports. Short getter flashing and thin "O" getter.

AC, everything checks out. Diamond feels "positive/raised" but hard to tell with an unfolded paperclip.

5. AuditoryCanvas
    Some older ones have an opaque mica, and have fat getters (there's another getter attached to the angled post on those ones).

Kolkoo posted the various types a while back, there's quite a few variants, but I still have never seen another tube with the same construction as the 801s, so I don't think there's anything to panic about.

Same can't be said for the 802s, and 803s unfortunately.

jb77 likes this.
  6. jb77
    @AuditoryCanvas
    What do you think of these cables?
    1.Pangea Audio AC 14SE MKII Signature Power Cable (1.5 Meter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V75CYL0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ZhATCb3V78F8X
    2.Stratus 7 power conditioning cords https://store.wireworldcable.com/products/copy-of-stratus-7-power-conditioning-cord

Or would you recommend the ones you listed over these?
    “heavyweight chords for power from the power conditioners” (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L2SBWK...&pd_rd_r=c6c75fd5-5ff2-11e9-9672-417ebf68296c)

Thank you!

7. TK16
    Just got last link ones today, to say they are not thin is a gross understatement.

jb77 likes this.
  8. jb77
    Lol yea from the looks of them they look about as thick as a garden hose!

TK16 likes this.
  9. AuditoryCanvas
    Pangea are good cables, I just got the ones I linked to for the weight and price. Either will be a better result compared to a stock cable, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between the two in terms of sound tbh.

jb77 likes this.
  10. AuditoryCanvas
    The ones I got are actually quite a bit thicker than your average garden hose.

jb77 likes this.
  11. jb77
    Thank you AC!

12. jb77
    Nice!

13. TK16
    Think firefighter hose.

jb77 likes this.
  14. billerb1
    I'm starting to wish I had never even mentioned these Teles....

15. jb77
    Don’t worry, it is an interesting tube! I hear a little of what you are talking about, I am running different gear though MJ2 for me, and still a long way to go for burn in! I will post updates!

billerb1 likes this.