Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 12, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #20,536 of 23,494
upload_2019-4-12_16-40-45.jpeg
LOL!

Actually, *all* GE labeled tubes aren't bad. Only the ones made by them. There were lots made by other manufacturers and OEM'd for GE, and those might be quite good. I have some GE labeled 7N7's that were made by Sylvania and they're awesome.

So how to know if GE made a particular tube? Only way I know for sure is to plug it in and listen. If it sucks, GE made it. :slight_smile:

Damn, GE labeled

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #20,539 of 23,494
They both may be fine...or both might not. Info is sketchy on both. I will say that I bought a pair, as did many others here, of Tung Sol 6C8G black glass tubes from the India seller. Tubes were pristine and delivery was remarkably fast.
Other than that, I'm guessing as much as you are. The $179 is a pretty good price on the ones from India. I'd write and ask about tube noise and microphonics and see what the seller says.

Thank you!

I sent him a message asking the above questions, I’ll post his answer

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #20,541 of 23,494
@jb77
That India eBay seller tests for a whole lot of things, Emissions, Gm, life, gain, shorts, gas, have you asked about noise/microphonics yet? Think I am going to pick up a pair from them.
This guy may be one of the best sellers I’ve ever dealt with. I kid you not, from India to Arizona in a day and a half. Bought on a late Monday afternoon and got them early Wednesday. Perfect tubes, perfect communication, boxing, etc. I’d buy from this guy all the time without hesitation. He did go up $20 on the 6c8g black glass Tung Sol though. It’s probably because a whole bunch of us bought them in a relatively short time span and he prolly thought “here we go”

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #20,542 of 23,494
To all fellow members I wanted to put out a WARNING ⚠️ about the eBay seller: stev_balle Dealing with him has been a long drawn out hassle, he currently has my money and the tubes, he was supposed to refund me and he never did after unanswered emails I got eBay involved he finally refunded my by echeck that was declined the day it was supposed to post, still no refund looks like I will have to get eBay to get involved again!

Buyer Beware!!!

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #20,543 of 23,494
This guy may be one of the best sellers I’ve ever dealt with. I kid you not, from India to Arizona in a day and a half. Bought on a late Monday afternoon and got them early Wednesday. Perfect tubes, perfect communication, boxing, etc. I’d buy from this guy all the time without hesitation. He did go up $20 on the 6c8c black glass Tung though. It’s probably because a whole bunch of us bought them in a relatively short time span and he prolly thought “here we go”

Thanks @koover!

Appreciate the heads up!

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #20,544 of 23,494
To all fellow members I wanted to put out a WARNING ⚠️ about the eBay seller: stev_balle Dealing with him has been a long drawn out hassle, he currently has my money and the tubes, he was supposed to refund me and he never did after unanswered emails I got eBay involved he finally refunded my by echeck that was declined the day it was supposed to post, still no refund looks like I will have to get eBay to get involved again!

Buyer Beware!!!
He got no money cus be refunded me first! Always try tubes as soon as you get them. I tested and tried that crap pair of Valvo ECC82 side O getters a d returned them the next day bro. That box you got today could be empty. Good warning bro! Always good to hear about bad experiences with sellers that should be avoided.

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #20,546 of 23,494
@billerb1 Would you consider or pass on these Tele ECC801S?

First picture and seller has multiple pairs listed in the description
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECC801S-1M...in-Germany-Amplitrex1000-tested-/192098418586

Second picture and seller
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECC801S-12...n-3-MICA-tubes-very-strong-2pcs-/392273319050

Ha! I saw both those ads a few days ago, abnd wondered the same thing. In fact, I emailed "Frau-olia" for more info. And then sent the ad to bcowen for review. (he tore the ad apart! LOL).
And here is the response from Der Frau in the UK that has multiple listings for HG tubes:

upload_2019-4-12_19-23-52.png

I love his response: "What you mean other measurements?" LMAO.
In fact bcowen has dubbed them "FrauD-olia" !!!!

Well I went REALLY cheap ($22) and bought a pair of 1953 GE ECC82 tall gray plates with large horseshoe shaped getters.
I know most to all of you have said one time or another that this is not a preferred tube but I figured for what they asked for it, I’d give it a try. Does anyone like “any” GE’s at all?
Thanx, I will
Just an FYI TK, I did pull the trigger on those late 1950’s (??) RCA Clear tops for $20 and a pair of 1957 RCA long black plate D getter ecc82.
We’ll see how these turn out. I’m such a cheapskate as the Cleartops were $20 and the 57’s were $30.

the $25 MP of RCA 12AU7s clear top with side getters off Etsy works for me!! Edited.
They have a rep for playing well for Rock and Roll, but IME they play well with most genre's. In fact, its hard NOT to like them.

But my Siemens E81CCs arrived today, they''ve been cooking in the Lyr for 45 min now, time to let them take me on a ride :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #20,548 of 23,494
Think those clear tops are RCA. Those are excellent for the money. Same with the 50's RCA excellent value.
oh ya, that's right!

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #20,549 of 23,494
@billerb1 Would you consider or pass on these Tele ECC801S?

First picture and seller has multiple pairs listed in the description
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECC801S-1M...in-Germany-Amplitrex1000-tested-/192098418586

Second picture and seller
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECC801S-12...n-3-MICA-tubes-very-strong-2pcs-/392273319050

They both may be fine...or both might not. Info is sketchy on both. I will say that I bought a pair, as did many others here, of Tung Sol 6C8G black glass tubes from the India seller. Tubes were pristine and delivery was remarkably fast.
Other than that, I'm guessing as much as you are. The $179 is a pretty good price on the ones from India. I'd write and ask about tube noise and microphonics and see what the seller says.

That totempole_999 seller says he tests for noise and microphonics as well, bought a pair of the Telefunken ECC801S to see what the fuss is about.

This guy may be one of the best sellers I’ve ever dealt with. I kid you not, from India to Arizona in a day and a half. Bought on a late Monday afternoon and got them early Wednesday. Perfect tubes, perfect communication, boxing, etc. I’d buy from this guy all the time without hesitation. He did go up $20 on the 6c8g black glass Tung Sol though. It’s probably because a whole bunch of us bought them in a relatively short time span and he prolly thought “here we go”

Decided to try a pair of the Tele ECC801S as well from the totempole_999 seller from India.

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #20,550 of 23,494
That totempole_999 seller says he tests for noise and microphonics as well, bought a pair of the Telefunken ECC801S to see what the fuss is about.
Decided to try a pair of the Tele ECC801S as well from the totempole_999 seller from India.
Ha! We should've put in for a bulk order! I prolly going to spring for some too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back