1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. jb77
    I am actually burning mine in right now on my LP (about 43hrs in) they are good tubes!

mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  2. TK16
    Got 200hrs on my 62 smooth plate ECC82, I rate these higher than the 57 Valvo side O getter Hamburg.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    mattrudy80 and jb77 like this.
  3. OldSkool
    Guys, I hear what Bill hears with the ECC801S. I trust his ears, he hasn’t steered me wrong yet. Those tubes are the best I have heard to date.

My backup pair of Tellie 801S have also shipped from India. I hope whoever bought pair#19 just before I did, enjoys them :p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    TK16 and jb77 like this.
  4. jb77
    Thanks for the heads up, really curious about these tubes!,
    Lol wasn’t me I got pair #8

TK16 likes this.
  5. TK16
    I'll let you know on that, early bird gets the worm!

fotomeow and jb77 like this.
  6. billerb1
    @billerb1 I am curious if I hear what you do with these and it’s a pair I have been wanting to try.[/QUOTE]

What I hear is incredibly liquid, enveloping and with sense of realism I haven't heard before on headphones. Other than that they suck.

mattrudy80 and jb77 like this.
  7. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  8. bcowen
    If it's a D or square getter I'll take it. Those always sound better than round getters.

:slight_smile:

jb77, mattrudy80 and TK16 like this.
  9. bcowen
    I've had Tele's before where the ridges of the diamond are very faint. Probably just variability in the molding process and not a show-stopper in and of itself.

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  10. fotomeow
    Ya, pair #19 had one of the highest or highest Gm ratings.
    But what about the “Ia” measurements listed? I’m presuming that is gain , but not sure. Just not noted as “mu”

Frustrated, I’ve done several searches to find exactly what the “Ia”means, can’t find any confirmation.
    Anyone know for sure?

11. TK16
    la is emissions, mu is gain. Pair 19 was the tightest matching in Gm and high testing. Not critical as I have seen some wacky testing pairs that sounded fine. But when pairs are like that, grab em.

fotomeow likes this.
  12. AuditoryCanvas
    ia is plate current.

This might help:

https://www.maximalsound.com/mastering/simulanalog-tubestage.pdf

fotomeow likes this.
  13. TK16
    Have not used the 6201 Valvo Hamburg PW 59's in several months, forgot how engaging they are. What an excellent tube. Have them in until those Telefunken ECC801S come in this week, think I am going to really like those. Anybody have any GEC 2900A's for sale? Doubtful but had to ask.

bcowen likes this.
  14. bcowen
    Here's one for $80 with free shipping. Is that a good price?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-GEC-A...071764?hash=item3407051054:g:a~wAAOSw4~1ck6Os

upload_2019-4-14_21-35-4.png

jb77 and TK16 like this.
  15. TK16
    Isn't that the 1 that tests minimum?

jb77 and bcowen like this.