1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. mattrudy80
    Dang, I guess I'll have to add a pair of A2900's to my list. :smile_phones:

The 6201 Valvo Hamburg gold pins are quite versatile. Nice middle ground between the Telefunken ECC81 angled getter and 6201 Mitcham, If the pinched waist sound like the regular, only better, I'm in for a treat. Lol.

I haven't found an ECC81 style that reproduce the timbre of a violin correctly, however, the ECC82 Valvo angled getter are beautiful at this.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. AuditoryCanvas
    You will definitely like the PWs.

For strings, I really like the Telefunken 6211, due to their presence at 10khz which works perfectly for strings and vocals.

I can send you a pair to try if you want.

3. mattrudy80
    Thanks AC! I appreciate it, although I bought a pair yesterday. Should've checked here first.

4. AuditoryCanvas
    Gold pin? What did you pay?

5. mattrudy80
    Damn, I think they're non gold pin and paid about what you're asking.

6. AuditoryCanvas
    There's a big difference between the non gold, and gold to my ears. I have a pair of non gold you could have had for cheap, but I don't honestly recommend them.

billerb1 and mattrudy80 like this.
  7. TK16
    Always check here first new tube rollers, you'll get better deals here.

jb77 and mattrudy80 like this.
  8. mattrudy80
    If I don't like them, I'll test them and sell them I guess. Chalk it up to a learning experience. Lol.

9. billerb1
    FWIW, I had both the Telefunken 6211 steel pin and the Telefunken ECC81 and they both couldn't touch the Tele ECC801S's, especially on acoustic music. Did not hear the Tele 6211 gold pins that AC has.

mattrudy80 likes this.
  10. mattrudy80
    A lot of love for the Tele ECC801S. I didn't see any thoughts about the Tele ECC802S in this thread. Has anyone tried them?

jb77 likes this.
  11. billerb1
    Lmao, I would love to but still fine-tuning my robbery plan for the local 7-11. For what they cost, they must be other-worldly.

bcowen, mattrudy80 and jb77 like this.
  12. jb77
    Actually been looking for a pair myself to see how they are. most of the pairs I have seen are $$$
    Want to compare the Tele ECC801S to the ECC802S

I am specifically looking for the Tele ECC802S Long plates and the old ones with copper rods. Though I still need to get a pair of ECC801S as well.

billerb1 and mattrudy80 like this.
  13. jb77
    Might need to join forces with billerb1 and hatch an Oceans 11 style heist to afford all of these tubes....Lol :ksc75smile:

14. TK16
    Got 2 of the holy grail ECC82, but that Telefunken ECC802S, can't justify spending the cash on that. Count me in on the heist if you and Bill need a 3rd guy driving the getaway car.

bcowen and jb77 like this.
  15. mattrudy80