Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 6, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #17,296 of 23,494
What up boys!
I just can’t wait to get the Gumby tomorrow to pair up with the Mjolnir2 because just the the M2 with Mimby alone versus the LYR2?.....it’s dramatic.

I’ve had nothing but the JW WE 2C51 in the MJ2 and just wow. The clarity, separation, 3D holographics, timbre, TREBLE, every little nuance is breath taking. Not to sound repetitive as this has been said a thousand times, but I’m hearing things in songs I know well, that I never heard before. Just little things that add to the experience.

I don’t care what anyone says, but the difference is large for the better. I dont hear as much bass or slam but it’s tight and clean. What absolutely blows me away is the cymbals. At least with the WE’s, they’re mind blowing close to the real thing. I think I’ve found my amp/tube combo. I haven’t even rolled anything else but if there’s something better?..... I’ll be beside myself. I forgot to say this is with the AFO and HE 560. The HE 560 is now breathtaking. The soundstage is massive. I listened to some old school Frampton comes alive and played the ol staple, Do you Feel like I do and I thought I was literally in the crowd. Just amazing. I’m gushing so I best stop.

I’m a now a self proclaimed fanboy with this amp, tube combo and 2 sets of headphones.

Apr 6, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #17,297 of 23,494
Awesome stuff koover!

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #17,298 of 23,494
What up boys!
I just can’t wait to get the Gumby tomorrow to pair up with the Mjolnir2 because just the the M2 with Mimby alone versus the LYR2?.....it’s dramatic.

I’ve had nothing but the JW WE 2C51 in the MJ2 and just wow. The clarity, separation, 3D holographics, timbre, TREBLE, every little nuance is breath taking. Not to sound repetitive as this has been said a thousand times, but I’m hearing things in songs I know well, that I never heard before. Just little things that add to the experience.

I don’t care what anyone says, but the difference is large for the better. I dont hear as much bass or slam but it’s tight and clean. What absolutely blows me away is the cymbals. At least with the WE’s, they’re mind blowing close to the real thing. I think I’ve found my amp/tube combo. I haven’t even rolled anything else but if there’s something better?..... I’ll be beside myself. I forgot to say this is with the AFO and HE 560. The HE 560 is now breathtaking. The soundstage is massive. I listened to some old school Frampton comes alive and played the ol staple, Do you Feel like I do and I thought I was literally in the crowd. Just amazing. I’m gushing so I best stop.

I’m a now a self proclaimed fanboy with this amp, tube combo and 2 sets of headphones.

Pour yourself a glass of whiskey and she’ll whisper sweet nothings to you all night long, lol.

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #17,299 of 23,494
Set of Tung Sol C251 in the Valhalla 2 and a set of Ken-Rad VT-231's in the Lyr.

WP_20180406_15_59_48_Pro.jpg

So many amps, so many tubes, so little time....

:)

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #17,300 of 23,494
What up boys!

imo the people who say there is no difference between the amps do not have the proper gear to hear the difference. You are going to be wowed again with the Gumby!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #17,301 of 23,494
What up boys!

Just wait until you put some real tubes in it. :dt880smile:

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #17,303 of 23,494
Apr 6, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #17,304 of 23,494
What up boys!

I kept trying the other 5670 tubes people here liked....but none of them sounded as good as the WE JW 2C51 tubes in my Mjolnir 2. So I agree with you 100%. That’s why I have 7 matched pairs of them.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #17,308 of 23,494
7 pairs excessive, 6 pair on the other hand is not! :)!

Sorry, I have 6 pair of the WE JW 2C51 tubes and 1 pair of the standard WE 396A tubes...:thumbsup:

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #17,309 of 23,494
I sold my MJ2, that was on the rack with my 2 channel gear, because I just wasn't using it. I found that I don't listen to headphones in the 2 channel room very often if at all. I only occasionally use headphones with my Vali 2 when I am at my desk where my nearfield setup is. You see, I much prefer speakers to headphones. I only use them when the wife is asleep or is on a call.

My current thinking has me comparing the Lyr 3 to the Vali 2. If the Ly3 is noticeably better as both a headphone amp and preamp, I will probably sell the Vali 2. This is likely. Then, I will have to decide what to do about a headphone amp in the 2 channel room. I may get a second Lyr 3 or I may go much higher end with something like an Eddie CurrentZANA DEUX Super or DNA Stratus. Or, I could end up with nothing at all......

Bottomline? I could have some nice 5670 tubes for sale before too long.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #17,310 of 23,494
I sold my MJ2, that was on the rack with my 2 channel gear, because I just wasn't using it. I found that I don't listen to headphones in the 2 channel room very often if at all. I only occasionally use headphones with my Vali 2 when I am at my desk where my nearfield setup is. You see, I much prefer speakers to headphones. I only use them when the wife is asleep or is on a call.

My current thinking has me comparing the Lyr 3 to the Vali 2. If the Ly3 is noticeably better as both a headphone amp and preamp, I will probably sell the Vali 2. This is likely. Then, I will have to decide what to do about a headphone amp in the 2 channel room. I may get a second Lyr 3 or I may go much higher end with something like an Eddie CurrentZANA DEUX Super or DNA Stratus. Or, I could end up with nothing at all......

Bottomline? I could have some nice 5670 tubes for sale before too long.
Now that I have the MJ2. I may be interested in some of those 5670’s. Let me know if you decide to sell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back