Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #15,226 of 23,494
Bummer. But there is hope. According to AMA studies, more doctors prescribe Tesla tubes for their audiophile patients suffering from said affliction. Check with ThurstonX for specific recommendations. He’s not a doctor but he is a prophet, with a minor in veterinarian science.

That's too funny. Having this affliction really sucks. Ever watch a movie where there's a flash bang and you then hear that loud high pitch tone where the guys are stunned not being able to move? That's what I hear all the time. That's the reason I believe I just can't hear the little nuances in all the higher end tubes
I have versus the mid grade tubes. That's another reason I just can't see myself spending $300 of a set of tubes. I believe it'll be a waste for me personally.
Sorry to hear about the tinnitus. :frowning2: I have a slight ringing in my right ear from sinus pressure. I can’t imagine someone living with anything louder.

Which is your favorite tube in your collection?
It's probably the 1957 Amperex 6922 Pinched Waist I got from TK. I like that sound sig.
I also like the Bendix 2c51 quite a bit. With my issue I need something a little more bright, even with the TH900. Actually I like most of the tubes I have. Was thinking about dumping some of them but I'm going to hoard them and throw them up in the air every once in a while like Midas did with his coin.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #15,228 of 23,494
I sent Euroklang a message on eBay and you were right he is a miserably sob

he wrote back to me 3 nasty lines when he could have just said yes or no

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #15,234 of 23,494
I hope so too, I'll report whenever I get the tube from that guy Euro guy...

Hope I didn't steer you wrong bro...and that you like the Tele E188CC's as much as I do. They are so PURE.

Dec 7, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #15,238 of 23,494
I like the Tele tone better. And I think the soundstage is more nuanced. The grey shield Cca’s were very linear left to right. The Tele’s had more depth. Imaging is flawless. Midrange comparable to my TS251’s.
Bass is more realistic on my rig than my grey shields ever were. The bass really surprised me because it wasn’t anything special on the Tele E88CC’s that I’d had prior to getting the E188CC’s.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #15,239 of 23,494
Hope I didn't steer you wrong bro...and that you like the Tele E188CC's as much as I do. They are so PURE.
Absolutely agree. Pure.

I think tk posted that eurolang has tele cca for $600

Not sure of year but seller thinks/says its 60’s

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #15,240 of 23,494
I like the Tele tone better. And I think the soundstage is more nuanced. The grey shield Cca’s were very linear left to right. The Tele’s had more depth. Imaging is flawless. Midrange comparable to my TS251’s.
Bass is more realistic on my rig than my grey shields ever were. The bass really surprised me because it wasn’t anything special on the Tele E88CC’s that I’d had prior to getting the E188CC’s.

Abdolutely agree. Pure.

I think tk posted that eurolang has tele cca for $600

Not sure of year but seller thinks/says its 60’s

Well, hope for the best. It's my first tele. I can't wait to hear e188cc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back