Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 8, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #15,256 of 23,493
Just grabbed 2 pair of these, got my 1983 pair in my amp at around 250 hours and sounds quite good. These are 72/73 vintage and I read in another thread they are brand new. Too big for my dac though.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6N3P-6CC42...ta-Codes-1972-1973-Lot-of-2-pcs-/262376047249

That was me. Same seller. The ones I got are solid. Look like new, nickel pins, and all tested at least 100% gm.

I have a big batch of '75s with gold grid and nickel pins arriving at end of this month, so I'll be selling some matched pairs soon after, if anyone wants any without having to wait a month for them to arrive.

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #15,257 of 23,493
No ain’t gonna do it, thus the reason for inquiring .
But a pair for $8-$12 shipped might be worth a "gamble" ... and if that's a gamble for anyone here, you should probably escape with your wallets while there's still time :wink:

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #15,258 of 23,493
That was me. Same seller. The ones I got are solid. Look like new, nickel pins, and all tested at least 100% gm.

I have a big batch of '75s with gold grid and nickel pins arriving at end of this month, so I'll be selling some matched pairs soon after, if anyone wants any without having to wait a month for them to arrive.
Thanks for the heads up, how are they sounding?

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #15,259 of 23,493
Thanks for the heads up, how are they sounding?

I'm still really liking them, mine were 73s, they're one of my favorite pairs of ruskies. I actually ended up ordering 4 more pairs after the first pair burnt in.

Big extended bottom end without sounding tonally imbalanced, nice extended top end, and clean mids. Pretty wide soundstage, and decent detail resolve. The mids sounded a bit harsh and cluttered at first, but they really smooth out and open up after a long burn in. I think they're perfect for warm cans, to balance them out a bit.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #15,260 of 23,493
I have to give a shout out to @rnros who pushed me to the 6SN7 GT/A/B, 2C51/5670/6N3Ps and 6C8Gs many moons ago. He kept telling me the 6SN7 GTBs really punched above their price range. I rolled my stubby 1955 GEs yesterday, and now with about 75 hours total they are holographic detail monsters. King Crimson's Larks' Tongues In Aspic was spectacular. I find 6SN7s have good staging and imaging, but for some reason these were revelatory. 24 hours later it's still all good. :beerchug: Bob.

Lyr 1 only in the Schiit amp line. For the sheer variety this amp can roll, I will never let it go.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #15,261 of 23,493
I have to give a shout out to @rnros who pushed me to the 6SN7 GT/A/B, 2C51/5670/6N3Ps and 6C8Gs many moons ago. He kept telling me the 6SN7 GTBs really punched above their price range. I rolled my stubby 1955 GEs yesterday, and now with about 75 hours total they are holographic detail monsters. King Crimson's Larks' Tongues In Aspic was spectacular. I find 6SN7s have good staging and imaging, but for some reason these were revelatory. 24 hours later it's still all good. :beerchug: Bob.

Lyr 1 only in the Schiit amp line. For the sheer variety this amp can roll, I will never let it go.

NO, I won't let go either Brother

!:beerchug:

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #15,263 of 23,493
The Reflektor 6N3P-E is better than those tubes you want, in fact I find them superior to both the 74 and 75 Reflektor 6N23Ps swgp ss. At a mere fraction of the cost. Just ordered 2 pair $22 with shipping. Shipping was more than the tubes. I linked them on the previous page. They require an adapter and socket savers.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #15,264 of 23,493
Bros...the Amperex 6922 pinched waist are some really nice sounding tubes. I'm currently putting them through their paces but immediately you could tell these have a blacker background compared to the Siemen's E88CCs. Lots of small details are coming through that some of the other tubes pushed into the background and a greater degree of instrument separation. The bongos on Sheryl Crow's - Everyday Is A Winding Road sound freaking life like.

The Siemens E188CCs should be coming in today. Going to make a few notes between several tubes.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #15,265 of 23,493
The Reflektor 6N3P-E is better than those tubes you want, in fact I find them superior to both the 74 and 75 Reflektor 6N23Ps swgp ss. At a mere fraction of the cost. Just ordered 2 pair $22 with shipping. Shipping was more than the tubes. I linked them on the previous page. They require an adapter and socket savers.

What do you mean when you say "better"? I feel like some people have preferences and focus on those, and say something is better, when they simply mean they prefer it. I've noticed with tubes, that some tubes do certain things better/worse than others. What I am looking for is precise solid-state like imaging, a large soundstage, good instrument separation/timbre, because I listen to alot of classical. The Voskhods did that in spades. I find other tubes sound good and may do certain things better, but imagining may be fuzzy/soft/vague and less precise. So for me it would not be "better" because I rely on precise imaging.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #15,266 of 23,493
What do you mean when you say "better"? I feel like some people have preferences and focus on those, and say something is better, when they simply mean they prefer it. I've noticed with tubes, that some tubes do certain things better/worse than others. What I am looking for is precise solid-state like imaging, a large soundstage, good instrument separation/timbre, because I listen to alot of classical. The Voskhods did that in spades. I find other tubes sound good and may do certain things better, but imagining may be fuzzy/soft/vague and less precise. So for me it would not be "better" because I rely on precise imaging.

If that is what you want, listen to what TK16 said.....

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #15,267 of 23,493

Not sure if you've looked into the Tungsram PCC88s but they have this solid state attack and reminded me most of the Jotunheim+HD650s. Added benefits is the wider sound stage than the Jot, good instrument separation, timber but can be bright/slightly rough. They paired extremely well with the Senns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back