Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions?
Mar 27, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #376 of 2,392

Quote:
sounds like a good combo I think Im going to pull the plug soon

Pull the plug or pull the trigger?  
wink_face.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #378 of 2,392

Quote:
So good news...my Lyr shipped out today (thanks Jason for the quick shipping). I paid for Express shipping to Canada, so hopefully latter part of next week it'll arrive and I can hear my HE-6s (and LCD-2s for that matter) with this powerful amp.

FWIW, last night, I did plug my HE-6s into my 5.1 home theater Pioneer Elite receiver (thanks Rob for the suggestion) and I finally got a good appreciation for what the Hifiman headphones can really do. All I can say is wow....they are great world class cans and wow...they need a LOT of power.
eek.gif

I usually run my 8 ohm Energy speakers (with 6.5" woofers) at about -25dB for television and -15dB for Blu Ray movies....but I needed +6dB with the HE-6s to really get them going. And when they did...wow. Now if the Lyr can do that in that small package (my receiver is quite large), kudos to Schiit Audio (and based on Jude's review....looks like I will be quite satisfied with it).
L3000.gif

Hey MacedonianHero,

I got notice that my Lyr was also being shipped a few days ago. Perhaps the 2 units were sent off to Canada at the same time. They could be traveling here together.

I can't wait to get mine this coming week. I've already made shelf space for it.

atsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #379 of 2,392
Mar 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #380 of 2,392
the other day I got the preorder payment-link for the LCD-2 that I've been waiting eagerly for around one hour after I placed my order for the Lyr, imagine the smile on my face the rest of the day :)

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #381 of 2,392
How different is the Lyr compared to WooWA22

I know the price difference is quite a bit but the reason I ask is because I will be getting the WA22 in a couple of days, and am considering pre-ordering the Lyr.
Does it make sense to have both.

Headphones are PS1000, GS1000i, RS1i, LCD-2, HD800

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #382 of 2,392

Quote:
How different is the Lyr compared to WooWA22

I know the price difference is quite a bit but the reason I ask is because I will be getting the WA22 in a couple of days, and am considering pre-ordering the Lyr.
Does it make sense to have both.

Headphones are PS1000, GS1000i, RS1i, LCD-2, HD800

Not for your headphones unless you are setting up a different listening room. If you haven't already, look into a balanced source and balanced re-termination or re-cabling of your headphones to take full advantage of the WA22. You should also look into NOS tubes, particularly the higher-yielding power tube alternatives.

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #383 of 2,392
Hey MacedonianHero,

I got notice that my Lyr was also being shipped a few days ago. Perhaps the 2 units were sent off to Canada at the same time. They could be traveling here together.

I can't wait to get mine this coming week. I've already made shelf space for it.

atsmile.gif

LoL...there is spot on my shelf waiting for my Lyr too.

What headphones are you planning to run with it?

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #384 of 2,392

Quote:
Quote:
Hey MacedonianHero,

atsmile.gif

LoL...there is spot on my shelf waiting for my Lyr too.

What headphones are you planning to run with it?

I have a fresh pair of LCD2's just waiting for 6 watts of love.

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #386 of 2,392

Quote:

Not for your headphones unless you are setting up a different listening room. If you haven't already, look into a balanced source and balanced re-termination or re-cabling of your headphones to take full advantage of the WA22. You should also look into NOS tubes, particularly the higher-yielding power tube alternatives.

Yes I do agree and am going balanced with the WA22.
I was considering two set-ups;
Olive 6HD>balanced>WA22>balanced Grados & balanced HD800
Ipod80GB(lossless) digital in>CambridgeiD100>digital out>Cambridge840C (as DAC)>Lyr>LCD-2
Please advice.

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #387 of 2,392

Quote:
Yes I do agree and am going balanced with the WA22.
I was considering two set-ups;
Olive 6HD>balanced>WA22>balanced Grados & balanced HD800
Ipod80GB(lossless) digital in>CambridgeiD100>digital out>Cambridge840C (as DAC)>Lyr>LCD-2
Please advice.

Sounds great but don't forget to compare the LCD-2 with the WA22 as well, and tell us how it goes! I'm actually going to have the opportunity make that comparison myself pretty soon.

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #388 of 2,392

Quote:

Sounds great but don't forget to compare the LCD-2 with the WA22 as well, and tell us how it goes! I'm actually going to have the opportunity make that comparison myself pretty soon.

OK, Let's see who gets there first   
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back