Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions?
Jan 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2,117 of 2,392
Jan 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #2,119 of 2,392

Quote:
I feel JH 11 pro works very well with the schiit Lyr, really boost up the bass. Anyone else has that set up?

I dont think that I would be brave enough to try custom iems with an amp as powerful as the Lyr.  I tried my TF10's once and they sounded great but the noise floor was quite high due to the sensitivity and low impedance.

But I have noticed that my DT1350 get some strong bottom end from the Lyr.

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #2,120 of 2,392
Any opinions on the Bifrost+Lyr for the T1's? Especially compared to the Asgard? Also, how easy or hard is it to swap tubes, I've never had to change any before, but wanted a warmer, fuller or smoother sound with the Lyr so thought swapping to different tubes might help?

Lastly (sorry for all the questions), I'm going to assume that using the Lyr with any IEM is bad news? Westone 4, MG6pro etc.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #2,121 of 2,392
Check out the Lyr tube rolling thread. Many have reported, including myself, that the Lyr sounds like a whole new amp with the right tube. Much better than I could have imagined or ever hoped. The stock GE 6BZ7s don't do it any justice at all... IMO, YMMV, etc, etc. Telefunken from the 60s have really turn my Lyr into a BEAST
evil_smiley.gif

Oh yeah, and swapping tubes is pretty easy once you start using a wide rubber band, or get a girlfriend with small hands.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Can your Weston 4 handle 6 WATTS of current? if not then don't do it!
Quote:
Any opinions on the Bifrost+Lyr for the T1's? Especially compared to the Asgard? Also, how easy or hard is it to swap tubes, I've never had to change any before, but wanted a warmer, fuller or smoother sound with the Lyr so thought swapping to different tubes might help?

Lastly (sorry for all the questions), I'm going to assume that using the Lyr with any IEM is bad news? Westone 4, MG6pro etc.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #2,122 of 2,392
I don't spend an awful lot of time listening to my T1s, but in a short followup note in my MiniMax/Stagedac/Bifrost comparison I thought the combination you ask about sounded pretty good, FWIW.

Because I was short of time (still am!) I auditioned only two tracks. Bifrost/Lyr (with stock 6BZ7 btw) was better on John Paul Jones' Bass n drums; Stagedac/Concerto better on the more sparse, slow 'Lydia' (a New Zealand pop/rock number).

As M-13 already said, and knows even better than me, tube-rolling makes a big difference to the Lyr! 

Quote:

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2,123 of 2,392

Quote:
I feel JH 11 pro works very well with the schiit Lyr, really boost up the bass. Anyone else has that set up?

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #2,124 of 2,392
I just noticed that it looks like Schiit is shipping backorders for the Lyr again. I sure hope mine will be sent out tomorrow...

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #2,125 of 2,392
I need some rubber feet for my Asgard. Since it's bascally the same thing as the Lyr I figured I can ask here. I'm looking for something rubber and better quality than the cheapy ones that are supplied with all Schiit amps. Anyone know where I can find some?

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #2,126 of 2,392
Check out your local hardware store for rubber or silicon feet options or search eBay for cones for something more flashy. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2,127 of 2,392
Jan 14, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #2,128 of 2,392
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #2,129 of 2,392
Ummm...the Lyr and the Asgard are exactly the same size. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #2,130 of 2,392
So close yet so far away. I finally pulled the trigger on a Lyr to pair with my HE-500s and Canada Post is dragging this wait out way too long....
I've been obsessively refreshing my tracking yet for some reason they just aren't leaving the Vancouver airport to make their way to me. Here's hoping I get to hear this amp soon. USPS International Express said 3-5 business days...today was day 6 and they are still 2000 km away hehe

Updated: Item is out for delivery. 
I love those words

Users who are viewing this thread

Back