Schiit Lyr as an Amp with these headphones...
Jul 31, 2011 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Swatcsi

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm planning on purchasing a Schiit Lyr to use with my Audeze Lcd-2's that I'm gonna purchase soon, right now I have the Shure SRH840's and the HD598's will this amp work with these 2 headphone's i.e. 6 Watts, and how will the sound be, thanks.

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Lyr will work great with the LCD 2's. Lyr is too powerful for the 598's and shure's I'd say. The Asgard would be more suitable for those. Schiit warms users using low impedance HP's with the Lyr, as it can damage the drivers and such, which has already happened to a few people on here with D7k's and Ultrasone Ed 8's.

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Lyr will work great with the LCD 2's. Lyr is too powerful for the 598's and shure's I'd say. The Asgard would be more suitable for those. Schiit warms users using low impedance HP's with the Lyr, as it can damage the drivers and such, which has already happened to a few people on here with D7k's and Ultrasone Ed 8's.

Oh ok thanks, are there any amp's you would recommend that would really well with the LCD-2's but can also support my shure's or do I have to buy two separate amp's.

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Oh ok thanks, are there any amp's you would recommend that would really well with the LCD-2's but can also support my shure's or do I have to buy two separate amp's.

Personally I'm in the process of getting a second amp for my bedside rig, either a matrix m stage or schiit argard, most likely the argard. I want a burson HA 160 but I can;t afford it. If I were you I would really focus on amping the LCD 2, just because it is by far your best headphone, and most expensive. You want an amp that has great synergy with the LCD 2, and if it also works with the 598 and 840's than thats an added bonus.  What is your price range? And do you only want one rig? Getting an additional rig gets expensive.

Aug 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Personally I'm in the process of getting a second amp for my bedside rig, either a matrix m stage or schiit argard, most likely the argard. I want a burson HA 160 but I can;t afford it. If I were you I would really focus on amping the LCD 2, just because it is by far your best headphone, and most expensive. You want an amp that has great synergy with the LCD 2, and if it also works with the 598 and 840's than thats an added bonus.  What is your price range? And do you only want one rig? Getting an additional rig gets expensive.

my price range is 400+ (but not too excessive), I would prefer one rig as I don't want to spend that much, but I was watching head-fit tv jude was showing a ray samuels sr-71b amp (since it's portable that's a big plus), with the algorithim solo, and he said it worked amazing with the lcd-2, I'm wondering if that would work with the srh-840's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back