Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 25, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #11,717 of 150,036
But I don't like Moby's music. Or his politics.

Whatevs.

FYI, he was the first musician on the Internet .... back in the dial-up, put your phone into the modem days of the early 90's.

The second musician on the Internet was Billy Idol... that only lasted a short while.  One day he posted a message saying (paraphrase) " I woke up today with 400 messages in my inbox, and I couldn't read them all even if I spend all my time doing it, so I'm gonig to have to say bye bye. "

Another early Internet adopter was Roger Ebert (RIP).  A great guy.

BTW, given how much less the Moby is than the Bimby, I am surprised that you did not price it at $299, since they both cosmetically look like the same price (just in a marketing sense).  Is there that much competition in the " sub-$500 multibit " space ??

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #11,718 of 150,036
But I don't like Moby's music. Or his politics.

Whatevs.

FYI, he was the first musician on the Internet .... back in the dial-up, put your phone into the modem days of the early 90's.

The second musician on the Internet was Billy Idol... that only lasted a short while.  One day he posted a message saying (paraphrase) " I woke up today with 400 messages in my inbox, and I couldn't read them all even if I spend all my time doing it, so I'm gonig to have to say bye bye. "

Another early Internet adopter was Roger Ebert (RIP).  A great guy.

BTW, given how much less the Moby is than the Bimby, I am surprised that you did not price it at $299, since they both cosmetically look like the same price (just in a marketing sense).  Is there that much competition in the " sub-$500 multibit " space ??

David Bowie was also one of the early internet adopters. Anyone remember BowieNet?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #11,719 of 150,036

Yeah, I always thought 2-channel was a sorta a weird term. After all, headphones are 2 channel as well. Then I thought it should be called 'speaker system', only after which I realized headphones are actually speakers too. 

This is what was confusing me as well.
So if schiit launches some 2 channel gear im guessing its either a tube-something or a sort of unbalanced more budget friendly raggy. Guess il buy the raggy in august/september then =D

Think fully balanced Preamp(s) and Power Amp(s). I would not be surprised if there was a combo at or under USD2000.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #11,720 of 150,036
  This is what was confusing me as well.
So if schiit launches some 2 channel gear im guessing its either a tube-something or a sort of unbalanced more budget friendly raggy. Guess il buy the raggy in august/september then =D

I am not sure where 2 Channel came from. I never heard it until Home theater came into play with 5 and 7 channel setups. Yes HP's are 2 Channel but Why do we call Cars , Cars? There are also Railway Cars that predate the Modern Automobile.

Any way Back on Track, There are some of us who use Schiit gear in our stereo/2 channel rigs. I use a Valhalla for My Tube Preamp and a Bimby for My DAC. I also use a SYS to Switch Between My Mani and Bimby because there are suprisingly few Preamps out there that just do switching and Pass a Signal in a simple chain.A Nice Plain Power amp for speakers and a more capable version of the SYS are some of the things some people have been asking/ waiting for. In my eyes at least it is a natural and welcome progression for Schiit as they continue to break down barriers  in the audio world

If I Remember Correctly in a previous Chapter Jason Said the Yggy and Raggy will not be replaced as the Flag Ship Products so I would not be too concerned.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #11,723 of 150,036
Just to confirm, that picture of me visiting Schiit Audio did indeed have a Modi Multibit in it. We thought it'd be cool to see how long it took you all to guess, and I guess the answer was "a single post". You guys are incredible!

I did have a quick listen to the board in the picture, but it was new new and hadn't been tested and barely even listened to, which was audible in the somewhat excited presentation of the music. It did sound better than the regular Modi 2 though.

I wish I'd taken pictures of the board. It is as dense on the bottom as on the top, and 4-layer IIRC.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #11,724 of 150,036

If a picture is worth a thousand words - then why do pictures need captions....   ?????   
blink.gif

For the engineers.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #11,725 of 150,036
I wish I'd taken pictures of the board. It is as dense on the bottom as on the top, and 4-layer IIRC.

Then I guess the DSP IC is on the bottom...

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #11,726 of 150,036
Just to confirm, that picture of me visiting Schiit Audio did indeed have a Modi Multibit in it. We thought it'd be cool to see how long it took you all to guess, and I guess the answer was "a single post". You guys are incredible!

I did have a quick listen to the board in the picture, but it was new new and hadn't been tested and barely even listened to, which was audible in the somewhat excited presentation of the music. It did sound better than the regular Modi 2 though.

Haha yea, that didn't take very long! Happy to hear it sounds better than the regular Modi, hopefully the productions units are a bit less "excited" as you put it haha, I definitely want one for my work space and want a calmer sound to it, one can dream. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #11,729 of 150,036

So the Elvis sighting was planned. Clever and very Entertaining.

With the Honey I Shrunk the Bimby lessons Learned From the Unofficial Name of Moby, I am now Curious if the Bimby may see a Discrete Board in the Future.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #11,730 of 150,036

So the Elvis sighting was planned. Clever and very Entertaining.

With the Honey I Shrunk the Bimby lessons Learned From the Unofficial Name of Moby, I am now Curious if the Bimby may see a Discrete Board in the Future.

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back