Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #11,688 of 150,668
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #11,689 of 150,668
[COLOR=0D0D0D]Other astute readers may have noticed that boring production rollouts have become pretty typical around here. That's 100% intentional—and that's 100% a good thing. The less strife we have getting things into production, the better we are at bringing things out in a timely, orderly, and non-disruptive fashion. Which means we can concentrate on more products, or improving current products, rather than trying to patch up a bad launch.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0D0D0D]And yes, I know. Boring launches don't exactly make for exciting stories. However, I hope you're excited about the result—the new Modi Multibit—and I hope you're excited to have us keep shaking things up in the future.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0D0D0D]Because...well, as game-changing as Modi Multibit is…well, it’s just the beginning this year.[/COLOR]

Boring? Quite riveting say! I love hearing the back stories how these devices came to be...the thought process, the discussion, the building, the testing, the redesign. Production is just replicating the original design in a product. If you have problems in production, it is not as interesting because it is just a nightmare.

Also, you forgot to mention the part where the pictures leaked on the site (intentional or not intentional) that Friday before Monday's launch. That WAS exciting...for all of us anyway. So does that mean the internal nomenclature of multibit decoders is now:

• Yggy
  • Gumby
  • Bimby
  • Elvis?

hmmm?

Let's face it...Modby? That does not work

PS - the site on the Modi page does not change the main picture wen you click on the thumbnails to the right. I thought I would let you know.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #11,690 of 150,668
PS - the site on the Modi page does not change the main picture wen you click on the thumbnails to the right. I thought I would let you know.

That happens on any product page on their site, if you select an option, i.e. voltage, color, version... You need to refresh the page and then the images load until you choose an option again...

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #11,691 of 150,668
Boring? Quite riveting say! I love hearing the back stories how these devices came to be...the thought process, the discussion, the building, the testing, the redesign. Production is just replicating the original design in a product. If you have problems in production, it is not as interesting because it is just a nightmare.

Also, you forgot to mention the part where the pictures leaked on the site (intentional or not intentional) that Friday before Monday's launch. That WAS exciting...for all of us anyway. So does that mean the internal nomenclature of multibit decoders is now:

• Yggy
  • Gumby
  • Bimby
  • Elvis?

hmmm?

Let's face it...Modby? That does not work

Dudes. It's MoBY.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #11,695 of 150,668
Bimby owner here. Finally a replacement for an ageing V-DAC II in my speaker system (where I don't feel the need for anything larger).

Good job. Schiit is going to sell a truckload of those.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #11,698 of 150,668
But I don't like Moby's music. Or his politics.

Whatevs.

Yeah, but there was a whale with the name first. He sorta killed it, too.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #11,699 of 150,668
Cool!!  Yggdrasil is a technical tour de force, but I don't have the money, ears, or transducers to justify the cost.  Next down the product line... Well to shorten this, I had a feeling and a hope that Modi would get the Multibit treatment.  I'm annoyed by digital music through a DS dac, but not to the point of trying to round up enough vinyl to keep me happy. I can't wait to listen to Modi Multibit and I have high hopes it will be an upgrade to the digital AND analog stuff I'm listening to right now.  I'm glad this was a boring release for you guys, and I can't wait to see and dream about the next batch of disruptive products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back