Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 24, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #11,656 of 150,788
Yeah the dimensions are more useful than a photo.  What if that's a giants house and everything is brobdingnagian or it could be the house of a lilliputian and everything is super tiny

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #11,657 of 150,788
Yeah the dimensions are more useful than a photo.  What if that's a giants house and everything is brobdingnagian or it could be the house of a lilliputian and everything is super tiny

Well I am a ruler and pencils guy. Things tend to go more smoothly if I measure it out so I know whether whatever piece of gear I'll buy will fit rather than go by a photo and use a bit of Kentucky windage.

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #11,661 of 150,788
ScottFree said:
">.

If you click on the Specs tab on each product page it gives you the dimensions in inches and the weight of each product . You could have used that for comparison.

You're an engineer, aren't you? I bet if I asked you what it felt like to drive a Dodge Challenger you’d just tell me to go to the website and read the specs. Or if I asked what an amp sounded like, ditto :wink:

Well I'm an artist, I'm a visual guy, not a numbers guy, and that photograph is an order or magnitude more useful to me than reading a bunch of numbers.

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

Order.

Of.

Magnitude.

Not so, my friend. Relative sizing. I own a Modi. That picture gives me a sense of the relative volumes of the other models, be the dwelling Brobdignagian or Lilliputian.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, this is just an ongoing fight I have with my engineer and architect friends. The map is not the territory, the blueprints is not the house, and looking at the plans of a bridge is not the same as standing on it, seeing the view, and smelling the air.

Jul 24, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #11,662 of 150,788
Sounds like a job for a buttshaker. Here's a pro-audio solution, a Parts Express bargain and a review site with installation instructions.

My buddy who does live sound informed me that he saw a drummer at a show one time with one of those attached to the bottom of the seat. He asked and found out that the drummer was missing the bass and kick when they switched over to IEM's. This was back when IEM TOTL was probably a triple driver BA as even dual drivers (Shure E5's at the time, were most sought after by musicians).

My buddy also suggested to do this with a home theater setup with 4 of them attached to the sofa and run them on efficient class D amps. For a .1 "effect" channel, it could work.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #11,665 of 150,788
I wonder whether the Sand Fire in Santa Clarita is problematic for Schiit over in Newhall. It's blanketing LA with smoke. I'm vacationing in Venice, and yesterday the smoke created this post-apocalyptic glow that persisted all day. It was super creepy.

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #11,666 of 150,788
  I wonder whether the Sand Fire in Santa Clarita is problematic for Schiit over in Newhall. It's blanketing LA with smoke. I'm vacationing in Venice, and yesterday the smoke created this post-apocalyptic glow that persisted all day. It was super creepy.

Did you take any pictures? If yes, please post them.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #11,667 of 150,788
You're an engineer, aren't you? I bet if I asked you what it felt like to drive a Dodge Challenger you’d just tell me to go to the website and read the specs. Or if I asked what an amp sounded like, ditto
wink.gif

Well I'm an artist, I'm a visual guy, not a numbers guy, and that photograph is an order or magnitude more useful to me than reading a bunch of numbers.

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

Order.

Of.

Magnitude.
Not so, my friend. Relative sizing. I own a Modi. That picture gives me a sense of the relative volumes of the other models, be the dwelling Brobdignagian or Lilliputian.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, this is just an ongoing fight I have with my engineer and architect friends. The map is not the territory, the blueprints is not the house, and looking at the plans of a bridge is not the same as standing on it, seeing the view, and smelling the air.

A picture is worth a thousand words is THREE orders of magnitude. From an engineer to an artist. 

If a picture is worth a thousand words - then why do pictures need captions....   ?????   
blink.gif

^ only in base 10
tongue.gif

Is this what we call a basic assumption....???   yeah, yeah, I know this can also be a base assumption   ...  
wink_face.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #11,668 of 150,788

We're all good so far, though Mike may have to watch it if it goes northeast into Agua Dulce, and the Sage Fire (2 weeks ago) came within a few hundred feet of my house. Eddie spent the night at our place last night, since he couldn't get home (he lives in Sand Canyon.)

Thanks for thinking of us, but...so far so good.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 24, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #11,669 of 150,788
One of my cousins lives in that area.  She hasn't been evacuated yet but has everything packed just in case.  She posted some pictures up and the view from the view of it from her house looks bad.  Good to hear people are ok.

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #11,670 of 150,788
  We're all good so far, though Mike may have to watch it if it goes northeast into Agua Dulce, and the Sage Fire (2 weeks ago) came within a few hundred feet of my house. Eddie spent the night at our place last night, since he couldn't get home (he lives in Sand Canyon.)

Thanks for thinking of us, but...so far so good.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back