Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #11,701 of 148,515
Jason.

(Build a portable. Please.)

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #11,705 of 148,515
  About 6 months ago I joked here about a Fulla MB being available and affordable.  Unfortunately, it would require a low-current, high processing power DSP and DAC, and enough room on the board to do it.   It's *still* an entertaining thought, though.

I guess it would need at least 2 USB plugs because of the power draw. As Jason mentioned, the mil-grade DAC and DSP they're using are not exactly power efficient... And I'd assume the power would have to be cleaner than what USB has to offer... Battery power, on the other hand.. is pretty clean, but the power draw would still be quite tangible for a portable device.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #11,708 of 148,515
  I hope you're excited about the result—the new Modi Multibit—and I hope you're excited to have us keep shaking things up in the future.

Excellent news and congratulations on a new product! As an owner of a Bifrost Multibit I'm excited to see the multibit technology available at a lower price point. It will be interesting to see where you shake things up next - I would argue that the 2-channel world is in desperate need of some serious shaking up.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #11,710 of 148,515

I guess you could say they will sell... a Schiitload of them.

(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #11,713 of 148,515
  What is this 2-channel i keep hearing about? is it something that should keep me from buying a raggy?

'2-channel' is a term often used to describe a stereo system using speakers rather than headphones. The Ragnarok driving speakers would be an example of a '2-channel' system - and a high-performance one at that!

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #11,714 of 148,515

'2-channel' is a term often used to describe a stereo system using speakers rather than headphones. The Ragnarok driving speakers would be an example of a '2-channel' system - and a high-performance one at that!

Yeah, I always thought 2-channel was a sorta a weird term. After all, headphones are 2 channel as well. Then I thought it should be called 'speaker system', only after which I realized headphones are actually speakers too. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #11,715 of 148,515

Yeah, I always thought 2-channel was a sorta a weird term. After all, headphones are 2 channel as well. Then I thought it should be called 'speaker system', only after which I realized headphones are actually speakers too. 

This is what was confusing me as well.
So if schiit launches some 2 channel gear im guessing its either a tube-something or a sort of unbalanced more budget friendly raggy. Guess il buy the raggy in august/september then =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back