Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 20, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #4,936 of 151,980
We finally past Switch Gate now?

Aside from Jason's always excellent writing, there is often some very illuminating engineering discussion here which is why I read through.  Lately I've just been fast skimming to find and only read posts from Schiit employees though.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #4,937 of 151,980
^ We were until you mentioned it just now :p :wink:

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #4,938 of 151,980

Despite having a switch fail on my Bifrost (which, again, was fixed promptly along with an added Uber upgrade), I was greatly satisfied with my Bifrost. Parts fail. It happens. My Gungnir and Mjlonir are running strong. I use them daily. I highly recommend them with the Audeze LCD-2F. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #4,939 of 151,980
If the switch were located on the bottom plate, you wouldn't have been operating it all the time and it would have remained in pristine condition.

Learn the lesson.....
beyersmile.png
k701smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
blink.gif

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #4,943 of 151,980
Well, we all know Jason really, really wants to get into electrostats...

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #4,945 of 151,980

Despite having a switch fail on my Bifrost (which, again, was fixed promptly along with an added Uber upgrade), I was greatly satisfied with my Bifrost. Parts fail. It happens. My Gungnir and Mjlonir are running strong. I use them daily. I highly recommend them with the Audeze LCD-2F. 

So true.  It's important to remember that there are NO defect-free manufacturing processes. The key is to have a strong spirit of continuous improvement (kaizen) in your manufacturing Ops group.  

What I like about Jason and Schiit is they are open, honest, and transparent about it, and provide excellent customer service. For example, they were completely up-front about the microphony in the tubes used in Vali. 

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #4,946 of 151,980
I guess I probably missed the end of the story by now, yes?

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #4,948 of 151,980

What's the next statement product from Schiit gonna be...?

Should be a multi-input switch and volume control (like Sys but more versatile) named "Creek" with the new Schiit remote called "Paddle."  

That would be ok provided that there was an option to buy it without the remote.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #4,949 of 151,980
Professor Baldr,

Your having to defend the power switch location is evidence that the customer base is not happy. 

Ok, you're safe for now but Schiit stuff is starting to reach into high dollar levels where Ergonometric design elements contribute to sales success.

I'm sitting here reading customer's comments about your products.
I'm reading a ranting response thats stepping on the legitimate feelings being expressed.
Lucky you that J.D.Power isn't surveying these people.

Blaming the customer is burning the customer

Tony in Michigan

I am one of the burnt customers for sure. I was on the verge of buying an amp, Jason had me on the hook.... Now I think twice, can't help.
Peter from Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back