Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #4,966 of 151,930
  All you need is a simple push in /out switch that takes power from an existing secondary that turns a relay on or off depending on the switch's state. The relay would simply connect/disconnect the secondary from the power supply circuitry. If you need to switch miltiple secondaries, etc, get the right relay. Those pesky European Regulators can be bribed, but that will drive up costs. I'd draw a schematic but I ran out of napkins.
biggrin.gif
 Or just leave the switches where they are, as I really don't care.
While you're at it, how about a light dimmer for those LEDs. 
blink.gif
  I use sunglasses so I'm OK as is.

That's a manual switch, not an automated one, and, as I said in the chapter, you'll likely see a manual switch (not powered, simply passive) for switching AC line voltage from 115 to 230V at some point in future products. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 21, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #4,967 of 151,930

That's a manual switch, not an automated one, and, as I said in the chapter, you'll likely see a manual switch (not powered, simply passive) for switching AC line voltage from 115 to 230V at some point in future products. 

Automated as in thought control? Don't mind me. Sorry but I'll stick with the manual switch.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #4,968 of 151,930
If I'm lucky enough to be able to save up for, and get an Yggy, you will never hear me complain about the location or the presumed quality (or not) of the power switch. Jason says it is not going to be relocated. Next topic?

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #4,969 of 151,930
  If I'm lucky enough to be able to save up for, and get an Yggy, you will never hear me complain about the location or the presumed quality (or not) of the power switch. Jason says it is not going to be relocated. Next topic?

+1 Since my discovery of Schiit I have been able to increase my enjoyment of audio exponentially without selling body parts or fluids to be able to afford them and finally accept digital audio that is not on cd as a primary format. I still hunt for good used 2ch gear but even quality used gear seems to be up there in price when compared to some new schiit products. I really enjoy the fact that the Goal of the company is to make kick@ss no lipstick and glitter products that performs well and the idea of function over form is alive and well.

I like the super bright leds, its like a beacon to audio awesomeness. Switches? what Switches? we don't need to stinking switches. Althouhg Black would be cool If you are into the Darth Schiit look.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #4,970 of 151,930
  Come on! What's the big deal Schiit Audio? Build some with the power switch on the front (some with toggle switches, some with rocker style switches)...make sure to build some with both styles switches on the side, for the side power switch crowd, known as the SPSC. How hard could it be?...oh, that hard?...never mind. 
biggrin.gif

Actually, I while you're at it, could you add a dimmer switch/dial (some on the front, some on the side, some on the back) for the LED's? That way I could turn them way down when I'm listening and back up when I want to impress my friends. How about different color LED's? I can't be the only one that would like the LED's to match the color of my shirt!  

They should make a box that has plenty of switches and multicolor LEDs + dimmers on every side. You simply put it on top of your stack and it will satisfy every switch, LED or switch & LED fetish. It's 100% compatible with all the other Schiit gear and you can play around with it as much as you like! The Schiit Fetish would be a good name for it. Not to be confused with Coprophilia of course.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #4,971 of 151,930

They should make a box that has plenty of switches and multicolor LEDs + dimmers on every side. You simply put it on top of your stack and it will satisfy every switch, LED or switch & LED fetish. It's 100% compatible with all the other Schiit gear and you can play around with it as much as you like! The Schiit Fetish would be a good name for it. Not to be confused with Coprophilia of course.

No useful function whatsoever, they could call it the "No Schiit".

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #4,972 of 151,930

Come on! What's the big deal Schiit Audio? Build some with the power switch on the front (some with toggle switches, some with rocker style switches)...make sure to build some with both styles switches on the side, for the side power switch crowd, known as the SPSC. How hard could it be?...oh, that hard?...never mind. :D  

Actually, I while you're at it, could you add a dimmer switch/dial (some on the front, some on the side, some on the back) for the LED's? That way I could turn them way down when I'm listening and back up when I want to impress my friends. How about different color LED's? I can't be the only one that would like the LED's to match the color of my shirt!  

Chord Hugo is on that path already. :D

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #4,973 of 151,930
Request!

Schiit Valkyrie

- No headphone out. Less parts, less cost.
- 2 channels with a commonly used signal out for an active subwoofer.
- 100w minimum
- class A or AB. I am not an expert on that part so use discretion.
- 2 or 3 pieces of aluminum similar to the Ragnarok. 
- $399

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #4,975 of 151,930
Schiit should design an audiophile bankrupter. It's a device masquerading as something innocuous, perhaps some kind of amplifier, an active cable, or even just an addon to Wyrd, but it does the following:

- Exactly nothing for the first month, then
 - Adds a subtle veil of distortion to the sound for a few weeks, then
 - Every few weeks, slowly and subtly changes the character of the distortion.

The user will invariably buy a new piece of gear in an attempt to get rid of the nagging veil, but his efforts will be frustrated when it persists and he can't place why the sound is  always just a little "off"...so he buys yet more gear to fix it, and so on until bankruptcy. :p

It should be called the Schiit Buymo.

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #4,976 of 151,930
  Request!

Schiit Valkyrie

- No headphone out. Less parts, less cost.
- 2 channels with a commonly used signal out for an active subwoofer.
- 100w minimum
- class A or AB. I am not an expert on that part so use discretion.
- 2 or 3 pieces of aluminum similar to the Ragnarok. 
- $399

beerchug.gif
  Name, Price and Specs. We all know its not that easy but where do I sign Up?

Now we've gone and done it. We've scared off Jason, till the next chapter.

We did not scare him off he is off working on the Valkyrie.

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #4,978 of 151,930
LOL, I thought we already had that, with all our audio gear :D

Schiit should design an audiophile bankrupter. It's a device masquerading as something innocuous, perhaps some kind of amplifier, an active cable, or even just an addon to Wyrd, but it does the following:

- Exactly nothing for the first month, then
 - Adds a subtle veil of distortion to the sound for a few weeks, then
 - Every few weeks, slowly and subtly changes the character of the distortion.

The user will invariably buy a new piece of gear in an attempt to get rid of the nagging veil, but his efforts will be frustrated when it persists and he can't place why the sound is  always just a little "off"...so he buys yet more gear to fix it, and so on until bankruptcy. :p

It should be called the Schiit Buymo.

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #4,979 of 151,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Back