1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Derrick Swart
    upload_2019-2-15_0-11-57.jpeg
    For ORT

2. alpovs
    USB on RPi3B+ works perfectly fine with the Eitr and should work with Schiit's USB5 in general.
    If you use Ethernet restrict the port to 100M full duplex with auto-negotiation and flow control enabled by inserting the following into /etc/rc.local: ‘/sbin/ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg on’
    Or use wireless.

3. KoshNaranek
    I am saddened by this news. You could tell that he was a good soul.

A bandit dressed in boiled brown,
    You’re caught invading my hometown,
    Your back is flavored rocky road,
    You stumble onward, bumbling toad.

The summer brought you from beyond,
    And placed you in my placid pond,
    You shamble on a slow breaststroke,
    As if whatever’s okie-doke.

As you paddle sticky toes,
    Out of the water lifts your nose,
    And drinking just a sip of air,
    You dip back in then swim elsewhere.

The summer taught you how to spell,
    The language we all know so well,
    Don’t leave your slimy heart too long,
    You better sing your mating song.

The mud and muck are drowning in,
    The pattern of your paisley skin,
    Though lazy in the morning light,
    You sing the chorus of the night.

The summer left you at her feet,
    Caught in the middle of the street,
    A roaring lorry blowing smoke,
    You better hop before you croak!

-Bodhi Moria

4. madwolfa
    So I've turned on my audio system today to spin some vinyls. Right channel is out. Looks like my power amp is toast. Started swapping cables to troubleshoot/isolate the issue and at some point forgot to turn everything off, proceeded to blow my left speaker. FML. Maybe it's time to buy some new schiit?

5. US Blues
    Sorry to hear that Brother. The gods have spoken- Cupid wants better sound. :smirk_cat:

barondla and jimmers like this.
  6. johnjen
    ORT was a 'fixture' no matter where he showed up.
    And in retrospect his 'loss of faith' may have been the straw that initiated his exit from here.

He did have a unique 'take' on things and had a poise and demeanor that was unshakeable.
    Which has left an indelible mark on us here, as in, 'gone but not forgotten…'

JJ

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    RCBinTN, AudioGal, US Blues and 7 others like this.
  7. barondla
    So sorry to hear about ORT. He had a great attitude and was a delight to talk with. I will always miss the toad.

8. rkw
    Tidal has bigger things to worry about, like stop losing money. Oh wait, everybody in the business has that same problem too.

9. earnmyturns
    Just signed up for 1 year of Qobuz Sublime+, and I'm using Roon's new "radio" feature that selects tracks from both one's library and from the streaming provider using a collaborative recommendation algorithm. I'm impressed. Starting with a track from a new Ralph Alessi ECM release that I had bought recently, the stream has wandered between my collection and Qobuz jazz in ways that have taught me about several modern jazz releases I did not know about (and I'm pretty much on top of new jazz releases). I want Qobuz to make money, this is too good to go to waste.

10. jimmers
    You just love smarts :robot:
    :L3000:

AKA UX AI

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    earnmyturns likes this.
  11. Yethal
    GPIO pins don't have enough throughput for a full USB output. That's why nobody made a USB HAT for RPi before.

I thought so as well but going from a stock RPi to an Allo USBridge+iPower made a noticeable difference with my Gen5 Yggy (well, enough of a difference to not return the USBridge back to the store). Even my desktop pc sounded better than RPI

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  12. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Loss of faith?

13. johnjen
    Yes, ORT was a christian believer (as in what jesus taught vs what religion teaches) and came to the realization that the bible was fallible and not what it is purported to be.
    He lost his anchor, his stability in this world.

This shook him to his core.

JJ

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  14. Derrick Swart
    That s a clear signal!

15. JohnnyCanuck
    Been there, done that. It does offer an ideal opportunity for some new Schiit, though.

:)

JC