1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Robert Padgett
    stack.jpg
    Looks simple enough to build from some small pieces of scrap lumber.

CAPT Deadpool and the finisher like this.
  2. liamo
    barondla, yonson, RCBinTN and 5 others like this.
  3. 45longcolt
    Rag2 looks cool, but a few questions for Mr. Stoddard;

Since the new amp is obviously more speaker-focused (remote, bigger heat-sinks, higher noise floor topology, etc.) why is it not more powerful? Seems like it'd be easy enuff to add some grunt. Not a criticism, just interested in the thought process. (Though I can imagine Jason saying something like; 60wpc is a sweet spot that works well in many systems and can be priced advantageously, and hey, goofball, if you want real horsepower buy a Vidar or four...)

Will Rag2 be available in black from the get-go? Or will you wait and sneak out a few when I'm not looking?

Will there be a balance control on that remote? Yeah, this one is rhetorical. But that dead horse ain't gonna beat itself.

And as an homage to a former thread habitué who some will recall fondly and others with teeth gritted:
    What? No meters?!?

4. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    RIP ORT

5. CAPT Deadpool
    But Tidal's recommendations are always so spot on! Especially when I'm looking for something to play the kids using my Apple TV. Cause you know search terms like "Princess" should return Gangsta Rap and all of JayZ's friends.

Jones Bob, jimmers, liamo and 6 others like this.
  6. winders
    That is sad news. When did he pass?

Byronb, barondla, AudioGal and 2 others like this.
  7. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    At the end of July 2018.
    He was very ill in his last weeks.
    His systems giving up one after the other.

In his last email to me he asked me to send his regards to all until he got back.

Oh.. and his real name was Scott too.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    MWSVette, motberg, Byronb and 20 others like this.
  8. Paladin79
    lol

I do like the mixes that Tidal creates for you as well as the depth of their library; hopefully Qobuz expands their selections soon.

the finisher and CAPT Deadpool like this.
  9. wabe
    @Jason Stoddard, now that you folks have been playing around with the Pi, is there any thought about creating a HAT, similar to the IQAudio Pi-DAC or the Allo Digi-One so that we could build our own streamers? Something that cleans up the USB audio from the Pi and provides S/PDIF and/or BNC so that we could connect it to an external DAC?

yonson, jmarcusg and CAPT Deadpool like this.
  10. RickB
    I recently bought another Magni 3; still says "Made In USA"! :smile_phones:

11. Oveja Negra
    Ok, this is really sad. I remember him mentioning having health issues and then disappearing from the thread, but I didn't suspect it was that serious.

RIP Mr. Toad :frowning2:

barondla, AudioGal, madwolfa and 12 others like this.
  12. US Blues
    Sad news, ORT was a good-hearted fellow.

AudioGal, yonson, RCBinTN and 10 others like this.
  13. Xcalibur255
    I'm in the middle of making this change too. The old computer desk just doesn't cut it with its glass top and it would be nice to get everything in one place.

14. Xcalibur255
    When somebody stops posting on a forum you always hope its for a good reason and not something like this. Very sad about ORT, he seemed to be a very good-natured person. May he rest well.

motberg, Jheal, barondla and 12 others like this.
  15. Smithington
    I'm sorry to hear this and was surprised at just how long it's been.

His unique character brought a lot to this community.

barondla, AudioGal, madwolfa and 10 others like this.