Schiit Gungnir DAC
Sep 30, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #2,582 of 7,049
Bummer...  I had been considering Black also since all my other gear is black..  If you really want black I would call them and have them check for you.  It was there this morning, maybe the e-commerce app had the wrong available quantity.  Maybe they'll tell you something like - "we'll have more later or soon or never." 

If I decide that I want black that is exactly what I will do. 
(I'm assuming that they have a phone number to contact)

I will not have funding for about a month so I have to wait anyway.  I also may still go for the Chord 2Qute, haven't decided.

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #2,583 of 7,049
  Bummer...  I had been considering Black also since all my other gear is black..  If you really want black I would call them and have them check for you.  It was there this morning, maybe the e-commerce app had the wrong available quantity.  Maybe they'll tell you something like - "we'll have more later or soon or never." 

If I decide that I want black that is exactly what I will do. 
(I'm assuming that they have a phone number to contact)

I will not have funding for about a month so I have to wait anyway.  I also may still go for the Chord 2Qute, haven't decided.

Please do. Would like more GMB vs. 2Qute comparisons.

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #2,584 of 7,049
Did anyone cross shop with the Audio-GD 19 (10 Anniv. Ed.)? 

I've asked over there and of course they prefer it...and say the RCA inputs aren't...hampered... 

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #2,585 of 7,049
Please do. Would like more GMB vs. 2Qute comparisons.

They are close . You can't go wrong with either . I feel the MB Gungnir is slightly better .
Tighter bass , more analog ,less treble harshness .

The 2qute may have better rhythm .

I have both . The D/S Gungnir is not near as good as either the MB Gungnir or 2qte

The Yggy is better than all of these Dacs

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #2,586 of 7,049
Is the USB Gen 2 worth the upgrade with USB Gen 3 board potentially on the way? I'd have to ship it internationally from Schiit. Won't want a situation where I finally got the board and they released a gen 3 upgrade 
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,588 of 7,049
I dont Think there will come a gen. 3 USB. Where did you hear that?

Schiit have a European division - Google it!

Yggdrasil uses a Schiit Gen 3 USB board. It is likely that Gungnir and Bifrost will get it *eventually*. 

Re: Noirkw91's question - I'd hold on a purchase until RMAF and then pull the trigger after they announce whatever they're going to announce. I think it's highly, highly unlikely that they'll release USB 3.0 for Bifrost so soon after issuing the multibit upgrade, but its not impossible. No harm in waiting out the weekend.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2,589 of 7,049

Yggdrasil uses a Schiit Gen 3 USB board. It is likely that Gungnir and Bifrost will get it *eventually*. 

Re: Noirkw91's question - I'd hold on a purchase until RMAF and then pull the trigger after they announce whatever they're going to announce. I think it's highly, highly unlikely that they'll release USB 3.0 for Bifrost so soon after issuing the multibit upgrade, but its not impossible. No harm in waiting out the weekend.

Schiit has teased an announcement to their digital line. This should mean either the gen 3 USB board or multi-bit Bifrost

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #2,590 of 7,049
  Schiit has teased an announcement to their digital line. This should mean either the gen 3 USB board or multi-bit Bifrost

A multi-bit Bifrost upgrade would be the perfect match for my ETHER C that I'm anxiously awaiting.  It'd be like Christmas.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #2,591 of 7,049

Or an update to the Wyrd (which would make sense given the huge amount of attention both the Uptone Regen and Audioquest Jitterbug are getting), or to the Fulla (which is getting a bit long in the tooth vs its competition). Or all of the above, and Mike & Jason are just going to go nuts with new products again.

I think that multibit Bifrost (Bumby, or Beefroast) is the most likely. Probably availability prior to Xmas. But knowing Schiit there's quite a few possibilities. 

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,592 of 7,049

Or an update to the Wyrd (which would make sense given the huge amount of attention both the Uptone Regen and Audioquest Jitterbug are getting), or to the Fulla (which is getting a bit long in the tooth vs its competition). Or all of the above, and Mike & Jason are just going to go nuts with new products again.

I think that multibit Bifrost (Bumby, or Beefroast) is the most likely. Probably availability prior to Xmas. But knowing Schiit there's quite a few possibilities. 

I think this is true since Baldur teased that people at the Schiit Show did not know what they were really hearing. It wouldnt surprise me though about the Gen 3 boards though, they are obviously already producing them for the Yggy, and its been long enough they have probably made large orders of them/ramped up production of them so its a no brainer to release whenever some big event is that you have nothing else ready for yet. 

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #2,593 of 7,049

Beefroast mmmmmm.

Oct 1, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,594 of 7,049
Did anyone cross shop with the Audio-GD 19 (10 Anniv. Ed.)? 

I've asked over there and of course they prefer it...and say the RCA inputs aren't...hampered... 

Gumby is is not really comparable to DAC-19 since it is balanced while DAC-19 is only SE. The upcoming multibit Bifrost should be more comparable to DAC-19, while Gumby and Yggy compete with Master 7 and older balanced variants (Reference 7.1, etc).

Oct 1, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #2,595 of 7,049

Do you mind sharing your source? I mentioned this to a friend, and neither of us located the tease
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back