Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #61 of 1,697
Can someone please tell me how the fulla 2 sounds with the hd600. I'm thinking about diving into the high end audio world(for about 5 months). And I just don't know what I should get(still debating between sr325e and hd600).

I used an original Fulla with HD600s, and it worked well.  The combination did show some of Fulla Classic's warts, but I expected that.  Fulla 2 seems to be an improvement on every level.  I'm waiting on reviews before I get mine -- or am trying to.  My "buy" finger is itchy.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #62 of 1,697
Hi, I just happened to go on Schiit's website and noticed this on there.

I'm using Audio-Technica ath-msr7 and was wondering if this would be good for them? To be honest, I don't think the headphones really need amplifying and I'd use a standalone DAC if I could but I don't think it works that way? This seems to be a cheap option but the original Fulla seems even more convenient. I don't want to bother with a headphone adapter because I just can't seem to get a tight connection with the msr7's cord... Also, how does this product connect up to a PC? Is there a USB port at the back?

Basically, I just want something that's easy to plug in and play and is a step up from an integrated DAC with my audio-technica headphones and was wondering if the original Fulla would be great for this or if I should get the Fulla 2 (but again, I've had trouble with headphone adapters as silly as that may sound...).

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #63 of 1,697
Hi, I just happened to go on Schiit's website and noticed this on there.

I'm using Audio-Technica ath-msr7 and was wondering if this would be good for them? To be honest, I don't think the headphones really need amplifying and I'd use a standalone DAC if I could but I don't think it works that way? This seems to be a cheap option but the original Fulla seems even more convenient. I don't want to bother with a headphone adapter because I just can't seem to get a tight connection with the msr7's cord... Also, how does this product connect up to a PC? Is there a USB port at the back?

Basically, I just want something that's easy to plug in and play and is a step up from an integrated DAC with my audio-technica headphones and was wondering if the original Fulla would be great for this or if I should get the Fulla 2 (but again, I've had trouble with headphone adapters as silly as that may sound...).

I would go for the fulla 2, its a great little dac/amp.

It looks to me like the msr7 uses a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. I would look into a cheap replacement with 1/4 end either permanent or screw on.

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #64 of 1,697
Can anyone who received one give their sound impression? I am not looking for detailed review... Just some basic info... I am torn between Massdrop's Grace unit and this one and while Fulla 2 is probably not as good it is 1/5 the price with the same form factor. Need some basic impressions... Afraid that Fulla might be too bright as someone briefly mentioned.

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #65 of 1,697
Can anyone who received one give their sound impression? I am not looking for detailed review... Just some basic info... I am torn between Massdrop's Grace unit and this one and while Fulla 2 is probably not as good it is 1/5 the price with the same form factor. Need some basic impressions... Afraid that Fulla might be too bright as someone briefly mentioned.

It has a good sound, full bass, maybe a little brighter than the modi MB, but not an issue IMO. I wouldn't judge it by the low price, it's a solid little amp/dac.

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #67 of 1,697
Wondering how this would pair up with the Hd700 ? been going back & forth between the fiio E18 & DF Red because of portability . I'm just starting out and this seems perfect for me . Going to be using it mainly for music streaming off my iPhone/iPad plus some console gaming and I absolutely love the looks of it also .

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #68 of 1,697
Hey guys,

Can someone that has previously owned a Fulla 1 and brought Fulla 2 to share their experience about Fulla 2 USB noise?
I came cross this problem from Amazon where this guy's problem from Fulla 1 is "has no (or little) built-in isolation from the USB noise

Schiit offers $99 Wyrd to solve this but I want to buy just a small DAC/AMP for my laptop and that's it.
If Fulla 2 still has this problem then I might have to consider other options

Dec 12, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #69 of 1,697
I just read a post from someone on another Schiit thread who remarked that he used his Wyrd with the new Fulla 2 but disconnected it because he noted that it was already quiet without it anyway.

Hey guys,

Can someone that has previously owned a Fulla 1 and brought Fulla 2 to share their experience about Fulla 2 USB noise?
I came cross this problem from Amazon where this guy's problem from Fulla 1 is "[COLOR=111111]has no (or little) built-in isolation from the USB noise[/COLOR]" 

Schiit offers $99 Wyrd to solve this but I want to buy just a small DAC/AMP for my laptop and that's it.
If Fulla 2 still has this problem then I might have to consider other options

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #70 of 1,697
Could someone give sensitive IEMs a go on the Schiit Fulla 2?

The noise floor on both my DACports are pretty high even on low gain.  My recent arrival of my KZ ED9 really brings out the noise floor and it's a bit distracting.  If the performance of the Fulla 2 is great for powering both "hard" to drive HD 650s(which it appears it will do just fine) and easy to drive IEMs, I would pretty much be sold.

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #71 of 1,697
I'm guessing that the Q701 would be a bit bright when paired.

USB-C has great potential but is definitely still being troubleshooted by the manufacturers. This was a conservative move on Schiit's part, and in terms of standards they are always a conservative company Two years out when we're looking at Fulla 3, I'm sure the kinks in USB-C will be worked out. Besides, USB-C still hasn't appeared on any Mac desktops, and both the MacBook Air and last year's 'classic' MBP are still shipping with classic USB-A ports (the latter with enough configs to make it quite competitive with this year's offerings). Although it's appeared on some android phones and windows laptops, it hasn't yet achieved critical mass. Rather than gutting headphone jacks, Apple should put its muscle behind standardizing USB-C and fixing QC issues with partners making accessories. Perhaps USB-C on iPad pro? 

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #72 of 1,697
I have been using the DacPort Slim at work, so I can definitely give some comparisons between the two.

Hey, so what do you think about Dacport Vs Fulla 2?
popcorn.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #73 of 1,697
Hey, so what do you think about Dacport Vs Fulla 2?:popcorn:

Sound is very similar. Dacport slim is way smaller but lacks the nice features of the fulla 2. Dacport slim also runs really hot, which I'm not a fan of. If I was looking for a full featured portable desktop solution, I would pick the fulla 2. If ultimate portability is your goal, and you have no need for analog inputs or preamp outs, go for the DacPort Slim.

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #74 of 1,697
I did not realize someone took the initiative to create a fulla 2 thread.  Some questions here I answered on other threads you guys linked too.

Yes The Variable output cuts out when you plug head phones in. The Fixed output does not. 

The Fulla 2 Was dead silent with the extra usb power plugged in, without it and with the wyrd. On three different machines ( I have no IEMs so I cant comment on those.)I have a Fulla 1 and it had noticeable background noise and the POT had some static. Fulla 2 is silent and the knob is very nice.

Using The Fulla 2 as a Dac and comparing the fulla 2 w/Magni 2 U to the Fulla 2 amp. There is a difference. As as expected The Magni 2 U Had better low end response. It had a slighty bigger sound stage and I though separation was a little better. With That said. Remember Fulla 2 Uses OP amps and Magni 2 U is fully discrete and has a big @ss powersupply vs USB power so I am not surprised.I did not do any direct DAC Comparisons with my Modi 2 U So I will not get to far in the weeds here.

All That Rambling leads to this is one serious little Schiit. To be honest once I stopped nitpicking details I forgot I was listening to the Fulla 2. For $99 You Have Dac that I think is at least as good as the Modi 2 but you can use a separate power source.  You have a Built in amp, line In,  Line out and a variable Line out which allows you to directly connect monitors. I am very impressed with its sound quality , it's build and its flexibility. Sure it is bigger than Fulla 1 but it does so much more and is better in just about every way. What I don't think it will do however is take the place of a the Magni/Modi 2 Uber Stack. They have better pedigree in terms of implementation and design and realistically this is expected, but you get close enough for the price that It is a steal.

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #75 of 1,697
FWIW, I just received Fulla 2 about an hour ago.  I am running Fidelia on 24/96 FLAC files on a brand new MacBook Pro Touch going out the USB to FULLA 2. I have listened briefly with PM-3s and HD-800s.  I am very pleasantly surprised.  My first impression is that Fulla 2 is amazingly good for $99.  Ok, this is just an off-the-cuff first impression but I have begun to wonder why I own Gumby and a Liquid Carnon amp, at least for using USB out of a MacBook Pro.  I have heard zero noise, glitches or interruptions from the MacBook Pro. Makes me wonder if Apple has paid a little more attention to audio output.  Of course I have Fidelia set to have exclusive control of system audio and there is no disk drive or networking to interrupt or interfere.  The output from the new Mac sounds pretty good, one could live happily with it.  The output from the Full 2 just makes the music come to life.  Adds energy, depth, and space.  It's hard to describe but the first impression is just better even though the output is quite listenable without Fulla.  Jason and Mike have done it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back