Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #46 of 1,697
  Hey there! I'm planning on buying a dac/amp that's somewhat portable or small but can deliver noticeable SQ improvements. I'm torn between chord mojo and schiit fulla 2. What do you think is a wiser choice to buy? Considering that chord mojo is quite more expensive. Planning to pair it with my Trinity phantom master 4 and headphones that won't be needing much power. Thank you!

Well what do you plan to use as a source?  If you plan on using a phone the fulla will draw power from its battery unless you carry around a portable battery.  This will not be portable IMO.  The fulla is quite a bit larger than the mojo.  Either one of them will power just about anything.  The mojo's sound quality is better than the fulla however, the fulla is nicely balanced but lacks just a little bit of the details compared to the mojo.  I like them both but for on the go portability I'll take my mojo.  If I'm going somewhere and I take a laptop or something similar I'll take the fulla with me.

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #48 of 1,697
planning on using my phone as a DAP. :) thanks! will continue saving for the mojo!

For $130 you have a full featured dac/amp with plenty of power and 2x the battery life of the mojo. (fulla2+anker13000mah battery)

Seems like a good deal to me.

8VXviCW.jpg

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #50 of 1,697
How is the sound comparing to the other Schiit units you have?

With the volume on my PC maxed, I have the pot at about 30% (compared to 50% system volume and 30% on the Jotunheim pot) for a comfortably loud listening level. I'll have to do some more thorough comparisons tomorrow night (run RCA>3.5mm from Mimby into line-in on Fulla 2 and line out from Fulla 2 into Jotunheim), but as of right now I have to say, I wouldn't trade my home setup for it. It sounds much better.... but it also costs 6X as much, so take that with a grain of salt. Listening right now to Rush - Moving Pictures in 24/96, particularly YYZ, and there is discernibly more detail on the Jot/MMB, but the Fulla 2 sounds really good in its own right. It has good detail and good punch, just not on the same level as the Jot/MMB. I would say that it gives a magni 2/modi 2 stack a real hard run for its money.

So far this little guy gets 2 big thumbs up from me, and I would say it's the new standard that all budget amp/dacs will be judged by. The fact that it can run right off my phone with no external power is just ridiculous.

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #52 of 1,697
Am i correct to assume that when i connect my headphone to the hp-out the dac will feed also the signal to the amp?

I think not.

If I plug in headphones…
It automatically mutes the preamp outputs. See, we’re getting good at predicting what you’re gonna ask. Kinda like autocorrect. But with less embarrassing mistakes. We hope.

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #54 of 1,697
Am i correct to assume that when i connect my headphone to the hp-out the dac will feed also the signal to the amp?

Someone who already received theirs says the fixed output still works with headphones plugged in, but the variable output does not

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/14790#post_13077565

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #55 of 1,697
Can someone please tell me how the fulla 2 sounds with the hd600. I'm thinking about diving into the high end audio world(for about 5 months). And I just don't know what I should get(still debating between sr325e and hd600).

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #56 of 1,697
For $130 you have a full featured dac/amp with plenty of power and 2x the battery life of the mojo. (fulla2+anker13000mah battery)

Seems like a good deal to me.

8VXviCW.jpg

How do you have the Fulla connected to your phone? 
Can someone please tell me how the fulla 2 sounds with the hd600. I'm thinking about diving into the high end audio world(for about 5 months). And I just don't know what I should get(still debating between sr325e and hd600).

Fulla 2 is looking to add up to one of the best bang for the buck amp/dac solutions. My vote goes for HD600 + Fulla 2. Sounds like a winning combo. Mine is on order. 

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #58 of 1,697
How do you have the Fulla connected to your phone?  

The black micro usb cable goes to a USB otg adapter into my gs7 edge. With my phone I don't actually need the extra battery as it powers the fulla 2 by itself no problem, but it does run the phone battery down in about 4 hours from a full charge.

It's hard to show it attached to the phone since I don't have anything else to take the picture with haha

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #59 of 1,697
The black micro usb cable goes to a USB otg adapter into my gs7 edge. With my phone I don't actually need the extra battery as it powers the fulla 2 by itself no problem, but it does run the phone battery down in about 4 hours from a full charge.

It's hard to show it attached to the phone since I don't have anything else to take the picture with haha

Ah ok, thanks. Ill pick up a usb adapter. Ill be running off an iphone. Im sure it will sound better via usb vs 3.5mm with lossless tracks. Plus no extra battery is a plus.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #60 of 1,697
Ah ok, thanks. Ill pick up a usb adapter. Ill be running off an iphone. Im sure it will sound better via usb vs 3.5mm with lossless tracks. 

Yeah for iPhone you will need the camera connection kit (I recommend the real Apple one) and a micro usb charger for the other port since iPhone probably won't power Fulla 2 by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back