Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #16 of 1,697
Can't wait for comparisons with Magni 2/Modi 2!
Does anyone have the original Dacport here? I'm thinking to change it to Fulla 2, so I would love to hear comparisons between Dacport and Fulla 2 too.

I have been using the DacPort Slim at work, so I can definitely give some comparisons between the two.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #17 of 1,697
  @novicez1

I think it't cheaper to order from US directly as the local distributors overcharge in a laughable way.

They charge 339 SGD here in Singapore for the Modi2 and Magni2 - they cost 99 USD straight from Schiit, which converts to 140 SGD.
Add 20 to 30 SGD for shipping via Borderlinx.

So all in all if you order both products straight from US it will cost you 300 SGD including shipping. You don't even get one of the products
for that price off the shelf here from a dealer in Singapore.

Doesn't really help much since Jason won't give distributors discount for carrying their products.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #18 of 1,697
Can anyone comment on the Fulla 2's performance with sensitive IEM's? Hopefully it doesn't have any hiss at low volume's, if so, it could make a great desktop solution for us IEM users!

- InsanityOne 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #19 of 1,697
I'm curious as to the gains in sound quality (wattage gains aside) over the original Fulla. I have since upgraded well beyond the original, but miss having one for when travelling, etc. I'm mighty impressed with the versitility of Fulla 2, but with the original having been reduced/on closeout, either are looking tempting. On paper, it's certainly an improvement anyhow....

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #20 of 1,697
Curious about th
I'm curious as to the gains in sound quality (wattage gains aside) over the original Fulla. I have since upgraded well beyond the original, but miss having one for when travelling, etc. I'm mighty impressed with the versitility of Fulla 2, but with the original having been reduced/on closeout, either are looking tempting. On paper, it's certainly an improvement anyhow....

I'm curious about this as well.  Wondering if the Fulla at $59 is a great deal now or it's really worth the extra $40+. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #21 of 1,697
Curious about th

I'm curious about this as well.  Wondering if the Fulla at $59 is a great deal now or it's really worth the extra $40+. 

Totally. I love how compact the original is as well. I get the feeling though—if it's anything like the most recent handfull of stuff they've put out—that it will be especially good for the money, even by their standards.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #22 of 1,697
Totally. I love how compact the original is as well. I get the feeling though—if it's anything like the most recent handfull of stuff they've put out—that it will be especially good for the money, even by their standards.

So guess that's a yes to both - the original is a great deal and the new one is also worth $40 more :)  Great deals aside, It's debatable whether I have need for one let alone both.  

I have an Fiio E07K I'm using at the office now.  Seems like the new Fulla 2 should be a noticeable improvement, but I'm not sure on the original.  

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #23 of 1,697
Hefty little thing.  Hook it up to a windows 7 machine that has problems with my mojo and UA-10 but the fulla 2 works perfectly. With those two devices I get stuttering and cutouts with tidal and foobar.  No such issue with the Fulla 2.  Using it right now with my IE-800's completely black background and plenty of power for these as I expected.

I have a feeling the other two don't work well is because they require a driver.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #24 of 1,697
Hefty little thing.  Hook it up to a windows 7 machine that has problems with my mojo and UA-10 but the fulla 2 works perfectly. With those two devices I get stuttering and cutouts with tidal and foobar.  No such issue with the Fulla 2.  Using it right now with my IE-800's completely black background and plenty of power for these as I expected.

I have a feeling the other two don't work well is because they require a driver.

Can you please describe the sound? How does it compare to your Mojo?

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #25 of 1,697
Just got mine out of the box, first thing I noticed is it has a nice weight to it. Very big, satisfyingly smooth volume pot. Great solid construction. I don't have any listening impressions yet, but I wanted to pop in and say that it gets full power and data from just the one usb cable (otg) from my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. Using USB audio player pro. No second cable necessary unless you don't want it pulling power from your phone.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #27 of 1,697
Wow this little thing is blowing my mind, I can't believe how good it sounds for $99, on top of all the features it's packing... I'm speechless. I haven't been this blown away since I tried the Jot balanced into my HD650s. It is lacking the visceral impact of the Jotunheim and I'm missing the natural sound of the Modi MB, but that's $650 vs $99, and I have to say I am going to be very pleased with this setup at work for my px100-ii and m50x. I won't be missing my home setup quite as much, except for the HD650s of course :)

Here's a pic. The 1/4 to 4pin xlr adapter weighs as much as the fulla!

xg06a8y.jpg

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #28 of 1,697
Here's the link you want: https://i.imgur.com/xg06a8y.jpg edit: removed quote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back