Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #77 of 1,697
  What I don't think it will do however is take the place of a the Magni/Modi 2 Uber Stack. They have better pedigree in terms of implementation and design and realistically this is expected, but you get close enough for the price that It is a steal.

Yes, absolutely. However, I think once you have F2, if you were going to upgrade, it would likely be for Modi Multibit, and Magni 2U or Vali 2. If Jotunheim slew Asgard 2, and perhaps Lyr 2, then Fulla 2 seems well positioned to encroach on the current low-low end of Schiit's lineup, though not the hi-low end.

I'm blown away by the value they're pumping into their line.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #78 of 1,697
Nice! Finally we getting some positive feedback! I placed an order last night and it has not shipped today. HOw long does it take for them to ship things out? I am in Boston so I am guessing it will take 4-5 days to get to me... :frowning2:

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #79 of 1,697
Just got my Fulla 2 today. Spent about an hour doing an a/b of the amp portion of the F2 test against my O2/ODAC combo, running both off of the onboard ODAC, and listening on both a AKG k712 and Foster T40RP mk3. Didn't get a chance to listen with my HE400i but I'm prepared to give this preliminary assessment...
This is probably going to be found to be the best DAC/amp combo for <$200. Maybe $300. If the inputs and outputs meet your needs and you have primarily low resistance headphones to drive, I can't see there being much competition for sound quality until you go way up-market. The only weakness I can see is if your gear needs PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER to drive, the F2 may not be the right fit. But I don't own any extremely hard to drive high resistance headphones. I need to refurb my k240 Sextett and see how it sounds on the F2.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #80 of 1,697
Here are a few posts about the Fulla 2 that were posted on the Schiit Happened thread over the past few days.

So far, there is a lot of praise for this lil' Schiit!
biggrin.gif

Just received the Fulla 2.  Is exactly what I need here at the office.  Only been using it for around an hour, but what I can describe is the sound is much fuller than the Fulla 1.  It is the perfect size for my office desk and won't attract looks and everyone asking me what it is, which is what happened when I brought the Grace m920 to the office a few months ago.  I've been using it with the Oppo PM-3 headphones and the sound is sublime and for the times when I'm alone in here--I can even use it with my cheap logitech desktop speakers for better sound than the meager onboard sound card of my work pc.  Just an excellent deal for $99.

Originally Posted by caenlenfromOCN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sir, my Fulla 2 arrived yesterday. It sounds better than my Dragonfly Red and $199 Centrance DACport HD by miles. Soundstage/imaging is given an extra notch, vocals... nothing is bleeding into one another, sir, I am afraid you are going to go out of business, this sounds better than my Vali 2 and Mimby combo.

Fulla 2 was made by Gods... how is it this good... I have no words... $99... 

At $99 and seemingly very similar to the Standard Modi 2 on the DAC side, .I cannot see a Long Life for the standard Modi 2 with this Fulla 2 running out of the gate like a mad man. There maybe some differences in design but Considering you can use a phone charger to provide more power if needed,  It has a Built in amp and Preamp outputs as well as a line in. The Fulla 1 was sent home to mommy with a black eye. It seems the Fulla 2 is walking up to the Standard Modi 2 with a baseball bat ready to take it out at the knees. Once Again Mr. Stoddard I am impressed.  

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #82 of 1,697
For those that have the Fulla 2 already - would you say it's small enough to be portable?  I don't mean portable like you would just pull it out and use it on a bus or plane, I mean portable as in you could take it with you on the road and use it in a hotel room? 

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #83 of 1,697
  For those that have the Fulla 2 already - would you say it's small enough to be portable?  I don't mean portable like you would just pull it out and use it on a bus or plane, I mean portable as in you could take it with you on the road and use it in a hotel room? 

Absolutely.  Some would argue for the bus and plane as well. Anyplace you feel comfortable getting out a laptop this little guy could easily make the scene and not add much fuss.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #84 of 1,697
  Can anyone who received one give their sound impression? I am not looking for detailed review... Just some basic info... I am torn between Massdrop's Grace unit and this one and while Fulla 2 is probably not as good it is 1/5 the price with the same form factor. Need some basic impressions... Afraid that Fulla might be too bright as someone briefly mentioned.

Can't help quite yet but I ordered the Grace last night.  I'm looking forward to getting some impressions on this exact comparison.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #85 of 1,697

Yes- using in hotel now.  Its fine for a laptop bag on a business trip.  Pretty happy with the sound with IEMs.  Not sure about dac functionality with iPhone though.  Works as an iPhone amp, but not as an iPhone dac.  Even with the extra power plugged in iPhone says "Cannot Use Device I'm Fulla Schiit: The connected device is not supported."  

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #86 of 1,697

Not sure about dac functionality with iPhone though.  Works as an iPhone amp, but not as an iPhone dac.  Even with the extra power plugged in iPhone says "Cannot Use Device I'm Fulla Schiit: The connected device is not supported."  

Are you using a Lightning CCK adapter?

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #87 of 1,697
Just got my Fulla 2 today. Spent about an hour doing an a/b of the amp portion of the F2 test against my O2/ODAC combo, running both off of the onboard ODAC, and listening on both a AKG k712 and Foster T40RP mk3. Didn't get a chance to listen with my HE400i but I'm prepared to give this preliminary assessment...
This is probably going to be found to be the best DAC/amp combo for <$200. Maybe $300. If the inputs and outputs meet your needs and you have primarily low resistance headphones to drive, I can't see there being much competition for sound quality until you go way up-market. The only weakness I can see is if your gear needs PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER to drive, the F2 may not be the right fit. But I don't own any extremely hard to drive high resistance headphones. I need to refurb my k240 Sextett and see how it sounds on the F2.

And when your gear needs an itty-bitty living space, the Fulla series is a great choice.
etysmile.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #88 of 1,697
Posted this on Jason's but thought I would ask here also:

Noob question here:
Fulla II, usb,
what signal is the unit pulling from my laptop MacBook while playing iTunes or a CD in the laptop? Is it analog or digital?

I did have a few fals starts with the unit but after boiling s bowl of pasta I came back and tried again: power usb, then signal usb, then variable pre out, then opened the system preffs. Recognized the F2 instantly. I did plug and replug the cables a few times. Ok, admission of guilt I did plug the aux cable from my little Yamaha into the minni plug in the front of the unit first... 100% Googan

I am a 2ch guy just pationantly waiting for the Frea and vadar to be released. I bought the F2 unit to play with and have a little skin, I was going to type schitt, in the game.

Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back