Schiit Audio Loki Mini Four-Band Equalizer - Head-Fi TV
Sep 27, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #33 of 109
Any advantages of using this (the Loki) over a digital EQ like in Amarra 4 Luxe?

Mike promised us an article (or tirade) on that very topic today. Watch his Long Strange Trip thread for that soon, maybe even tonight.

Aaaand heeeere's Mike's post! https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-322#post-13748153

Personally I'd rather use the Tidal app over the still-buggy and feature-incomplete Amarra 4 Luxe. And also the Qobuz app, which has no equalizer but does have a well-designed presentation of interesting content and music suggestions.

I'm no purist, and I was using the digital equalizer in MusicBee for some internet radio and a few of my downloaded tracks until I found desktop speakers and 'phones that sound "monitor-quality" to me.

Those tracks now sound great, but Loki will still inject more enjoyment into a long list of other tracks that my monitors are perhaps too accurate with. I'm looking forward to twiddling those knobs!

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #34 of 109
Thanks for the link.

Day one buy for me once it's available in Europe. (along with an Eitr)

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #35 of 109
Aaaand heeeere's Mike's post! https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-322#post-13748153

Personally I'd rather use the Tidal app over the still-buggy and feature-incomplete Amarra 4 Luxe. And also the Qobuz app, which has no equalizer but does have a well-designed presentation of interesting content and music suggestions.

I'm no purist, and I was using the digital equalizer in MusicBee for some internet radio and a few of my downloaded tracks until I found desktop speakers and 'phones that sound "monitor-quality" to me.

Those tracks now sound great, but Loki will still inject more enjoyment into a long list of other tracks that my monitors are perhaps too accurate with. I'm looking forward to twiddling those knobs!

Thanks. Did read Mike's post. Did confirm for me that my Amarra 4 Luxe Digital EQ, great as it is, do suffer from clipping in some recordings. I also use Audirvana Plus, but it has no EQ and it tends to be on the bright side for me, so I tend to use Amarra 4 Luxe for the warmer sound and for the EQ options.
Anyways, it seems Loki will give me another option. SoYes, order placed for Loki. :)

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #36 of 109
Sep 27, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #37 of 109
Looking at the name, I am pretty sure there'll be a balanced Loki or more input/output Loki in the future.

On their website they've dropped the word "Mini" so as not to telegraph their plans, but I'm guessing there will be a next model in this series, with balanced i/o and more bands/knobs, in a larger cabinet shared with other larger products. Having said that, this Loki is all I need. For now.

Me too. I am thinking of getting Loki. Since schiit just released two products in a short period of time, I am not sure if they'll come up with another one in the near future.

One more clue: the url ends in "loki-1": http://www.schiit.com/products/loki-1

So if all goes well, there will be a "loki-2". Maybe even "-3" or more!

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #39 of 109
Sep 27, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #41 of 109
Sep 27, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #42 of 109
This definitely goes on my watch list. While there exists dedicated hardware EQ's out there, there's no really practical or good Headphone targeted use option out there. While this one is fairly limited in control, it's probably an extremely well executed one at its price point and form factor which makes it so highly interesting.

Loki 2 with 2-4 more knobs and more connectivity options and slightly upgraded components at maximum ~$250 next pls. :p

EDIT: That FAQ section is hilarious @ product page.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #44 of 109
Ioki nano for $50 next? with just 20 Hz knob? I don't even need a knob, turn it up all the way, fixed, with just in/out RCAs. No bypass no power switch..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back