Schiit Audio Loki Mini Four-Band Equalizer - Head-Fi TV
Sep 26, 2017 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

This affordable little box goes into your audio rig and lets you turn four little knobs until the music sounds right. Crafted like a premium audio component, this four-band equalizer from Schiit Audio proves that there’s a place for properly-engineered, well-executed tone controls in hi-fi. In this video we also show you graphs that illustrate the range and effects of each of the band controls.

Schiit Audio Loki Mini Four-Band Equalizer - Head-Fi TV - produced by Jude Mansilla, Brian Murphy, and Joe Cwik

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 109
Interesting!

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 109
Wow! I was looking for exactly this, before starting on a quest that has me on a third set of speakers for my desktop system this year. I actually looked at crappy used graphic equalizers (with "open frame dust collecting sliders", as Jason says), and seriously considered new equalizers meant for use in cars, but finally started collecting speakers. If only I could go back in time... OK, I'm in.

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 109
Schiit FTW again !!

It's about time a high quality yet inexpensive analog EQ became available to the Head-Fi world.

Can't wait to get one!

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 109
So glad this point has been made on headfi. I've debated the use of EQs with purists for years. It's nice to not have to spend $5,000 on a Manley Massive Passive just to get clean eq adjustments. Nicely done, Schiit.

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 109
Finally! Someone (had to be Schiit) makes a proper hardware EQ for desktops. But the recycled name will confuse Google searchers for years to come.

Runs on 16V AC so isn't fully passive (active when not in bypass mode) but no problem if it works perfectly. Think I'll finally get Schiit's Floor Wart so I can power a Loki and my Vali with one adapter.

Sep 26, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #12 of 109
That 20Hz knob will be a godsend for anyone with a pair of bass-light open-back headphones (which is pretty much all of them). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, at least until the drivers reach their excursion limits. :confounded:

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #13 of 109
Oh how I wanted a balance control !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back