Schiit Audio Loki Mini Four-Band Equalizer - Head-Fi TV
Sep 26, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #16 of 109
Looking at the name, I am pretty sure there'll be a balanced Loki or more input/output Loki in the future.

On their website they've dropped the word "Mini" so as not to telegraph their plans, but I'm guessing there will be a next model in this series, with balanced i/o and more bands/knobs, in a larger cabinet shared with other larger products. Having said that, this Loki is all I need. For now.

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 109
On their website they've dropped the word "Mini" so as not to telegraph their plans, but I'm guessing there will be a next model in this series, with balanced i/o and more bands/knobs, in a larger cabinet shared with other larger products. Having said that, this Loki is all I need. For now.

Me too. I am thinking of getting Loki. Since schiit just released two products in a short period of time, I am not sure if they'll come up with another one in the near future.

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #18 of 109
Arg I see myself ordering two of these bad boys for my beloved Yggdrasil, to connect my Ragnarok and Liquid Glass. Schiit Audio rocks, one gets great quality audio equipment for a fair, rock solid price. Lol I am a Schiit Audio zealot and own 2 DACs and 5 amps lol.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 109
Arg I see myself ordering two of these bad boys for my beloved Yggdrasil, to connect my Ragnarok and Liquid Glass. Schiit Audio rocks, one gets great quality audio equipment for a fair, rock solid price. Lol I am a Schiit Audio zealot and own 2 DACs and 5 amps lol.

Maybe hold out for a balanced version soon in the future...??

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #20 of 109
Maybe hold out for a balanced version soon in the future...??
Yes that is a good idea, a balanced equalizer would be ideal. It's good seeing you around MattCG

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 109
So I am not able to use it with my gungnir multibit / mjolnir 2 stack? Cuz I cant see it running balanced.

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #22 of 109
Yes that is a good idea, a balanced equalizer would be ideal. It's good seeing you around MattCG
MattCG is everywhere haha

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #23 of 109
Not sure if it might work, but if you're using a balanced jack, it just needs a RCA connector convertor. Which splits your left/ right from your amp.

Example : XLR > RCA L/R cable to RCA L/R input on the Loki, RCA L/R output cable to XLR connector convertor to connect back to your balanced cable.

It will be the same for your 2.5mm TRRS plugs too. How will it affect your balanced output quality, I have no idea though.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #24 of 109
Maybe the full size version will be a parametric EQ?

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #25 of 109
I just discovered this exists and now I suddenly need it. It seems so obvious. Yes. I have always needed this. (Somebody please help me.)

Any chance they will be updating the Modi too? And does Jude actually have a copy he can review for us?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #27 of 109
Sep 27, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #29 of 109
Looks interesting...but first I need to upgrade my DAC...going for a Gungnir Multibit AKA Gumby ASAP.

Sep 27, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #30 of 109
Ordered! And I'd only just bought an old Quad 34 because I wanted quite precisely this kind of facility. Looks like I now either have a Quad 34 for sale, or one more component towards a 'vintage' setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back