SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Feb 17, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #736 of 1,093

Quote:
It must be an IEM-only thing, because I never heard it on any of my various Fuzes, Clips, Clip+'s, or Clip Zips....but I don't use IEM's.

It is indeed. I only hear it with my IE8s

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #737 of 1,093
I'm sure it's a Clip+ thing. As I said I never experienced the problem with the original clip. As an upgrade the Clip+ is iron out faults, not introduce new ones. 

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #739 of 1,093

Quote:
Hm...does a non-eqed Sansa Clip+ sound different then a non-eqed Rockboxed Sansa Clip+

Depends on how closely you listen and can hear. There is a slight difference in playback speed, Rockbox being more accurate. Some people can hear it, some can't.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #740 of 1,093
got my clip+ 8G 1 month ago and had no problems running either stock or rockbox. best thing is to send back the clip for exchange (if with warranty) coz it may be a player specific problem

Quote:
I'm sure it's a Clip+ thing. As I said I never experienced the problem with the original clip. As an upgrade the Clip+ is iron out faults, not introduce new ones. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #741 of 1,093
I hear the hissing noise with my player and some of my iems. Your iems have to be extremely sensitive to be able to hear the noise.

It only happens when changing tracks and sometimes in the middle of a song for a second. Although, it's only barely noticeable when listening to very quiet classical.

It's possibly electrical noise from when the sansa accesses internal flash or microsd card.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #742 of 1,093
Update: I don't hear any hiss or electrical noise with my Clip+ and RE262s (amped or unamped)

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #743 of 1,093
just updated to rb 3.11.2. It is recognize as a USB storage while running in rb, this is a very positive upgrade and i appreciate it very much. But problem is if i want to connect it to my PC while listening so that i can charge the battery at the same time, it just wont play while connected to PC. Anyway around it?

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #744 of 1,093
lol, found the answer from the manual at http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.11.2/rockbox-sansaclipplus-3.11.2.pdf. page 22.
"To charge your player over USB, hold any button while plugging it in." cool............ loving it, like usual :)

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #745 of 1,093

Quote:
I hear the hissing noise with my player and some of my iems. Your iems have to be extremely sensitive to be able to hear the noise.

It only happens when changing tracks and sometimes in the middle of a song for a second. Although, it's only barely noticeable when listening to very quiet classical.

It's possibly electrical noise from when the sansa accesses internal flash or microsd card.

I also hear hiss when my Clip+ is on RB, but on the regular firmware (holding left button while turning on Clip) there is no noise. Why is that?

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #747 of 1,093
Using mine for about a week now, couldn't be happier. Fast, lightweight, and great SQ, beat down my iPod Touch (that got stolen) out of the water. 

I'm using a pair of cheap Phillips IEM as a portable rig, and it still sound very nice. Bass is there, mids are good, the highs are kinda harsh. At home, it drives my Grado SR60i pretty good, with even i higher volume than my onboard soundboard is able to.

I still need to learn how to use all the EQ and crossfeed options in my advantage, tho.

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #749 of 1,093
Just a very quick post to say what a cracking wee player this is. I have mine rockboxed and love the sound of it with my Dream Earz Aud-5X, the bass and sub bass rumble is just phenomenal. Clearly the UI isnt quite as friendly as a touch screen but I prefer the sound of this to my iPhone and Fiio E17 setup and it cost less than £50 for a 40 GB player!
Nice work Sansa, looking forward to you next development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back