SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Jan 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #767 of 1,093
Quote:
Well, I didn't get that new version downloaded, although I still may in the future.  I want to see the 10-band in action.  But I FINALLY got my midrange dialed in to my liking.

Did you figure out the whole method of changing the frequency of the bands to what you needed?

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #769 of 1,093
I matched my Rockboxed Clip's 5 band EQ to my desktop 10 band EQ with some guessing, then I ran RMAA with the EQ on, on both my laptop and the Clip, to see if the frequency response graphs matched each other more or less closely. I reajusted the Clip's EQ accordingly and ran RMAA again, until I got a satisfactory match. Takes time, but I only had to do it once. Now I'm perfectly happy with the settings and I don't have to do it again. I also backed up the ".rockbox" directory just in case.

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #770 of 1,093
Feb 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #771 of 1,093
i recently upgraded the firmware on my clip zip and the advanced eq stopped working.. it shows all the wrong values and changing the values does nothing.
the graphic eq still works fine.

anyone know if they are aware of this and when it might be fixed.?

thanks

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #772 of 1,093
Quote:
i recently upgraded the firmware on my clip zip and the advanced eq stopped working.. it shows all the wrong values and changing the values does nothing.
the graphic eq still works fine.

anyone know if they are aware of this and when it might be fixed.?

thanks

We recently reworked the EQ to have more bands.  I don't think this should have broken anything for people who weren't using them, but there may have been some oversight.  I would go ask on the rockbox forums or on the IRC channel.  Someone there can probably look at it and see what went wrong.  

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #773 of 1,093
Quote:

We recently reworked the EQ to have more bands.  I don't think this should have broken anything for people who weren't using them, but there may have been some oversight.  I would go ask on the rockbox forums or on the IRC channel.  Someone there can probably look at it and see what went wrong.  

i've been using the ten band eq for a while and the advanced eq still worked.

it was only a couple days ago that i upgraded to the new version and the advanced eq stopped working.

while we are on the subject - it would be awesome if the q values could go lower than .5 - down to .1 would be optimal.   if this is possible it would be much appreciated.

could you tell me more specicfically what part of the rockbox forums to post on. i gave them a quick look and they are quite vast.

thanks!!

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #774 of 1,093
I ordered a Clip+ to use when working out or just out around town and want to know if you can use a LOD with them and not just through the headphone jack, I'd love to use a LOD and my C&C BH amp because that will sound amazing.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #776 of 1,093
Yeah I figured that out later on thanks for the reply though.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #777 of 1,093
Hi,

I've got my Clip+ and the Sandisk 32GB microSDHC card.
I can play music from both the Internal and  the External memory.
However, all the music in the External memory (= microSDHC card) is listed as Unknown,
i.e. there's a long list of songs on the microSDHC card without album titles.

Over the weekend I plan to Rockbox my Clip+. Will the Rocboxed Clip+ list separate albums (folders)
in the External memory (= microSDHC card)?
I hope that there'll be more goodies coming with Rockboxing.

JJ

P.S.
Perhaps the question I am asking has already been discussed here,
but the thread is way to long to go through.

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #778 of 1,093
there are a few possibilities that could explain the issue you are having.

- you may need to adjust the settings to tell the database to autoupdate - settings - general - database -  auto update - yes - then hit update now
- you may simply need to give the player time to sort the database - in other words you just put 32gb of music on it and it may simply be that it hasnt had a chance to sort everything yet - do the above and leave the player on for a while. 
- your music may not be tagged in a way that rockbox recognizes - i dont know enough about tagging to give you any specifics on that though.. someone else probably does.

-when you are trying to listen to your music what pathway are you following?  for example i use  - database - artist.  try that, and if they are coming up unknown, try database - album artist - if that works you can be more inclined to say its a tagging issue.

hope this helps. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #779 of 1,093
Hi Br777,
I have NOT Rockboxed my Clip+ yet. It uses its stock firmware. When I've uploaded music from my laptop to the Clip+'s External memory (microSDHC) albums have been in separate folders.
Sometimes I've seen a message on the Clip+'s display saying something like this:
'Refreshing media' or 'Refreshing ...'. (Perhaps this means updating databases.)
Anyway, I am surprised that Clip+ displays all the albums in its External memory under the title: Unknown
When I select it I see all songs listed sequentially.

I forgot to mention that I have formatted the 32 GB microSDHC using the 'Quick format' option.
Maybe this matters?

JJ

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #780 of 1,093
oh, sorry, didnt realize you hadnt rockboxed.. well in that case im not sure what the issue is, b/c ive never used the stock firmware, however i imagine the same or similar set of possibilities exists that i mentioned earlier.    i'd guess its a tagging issue.

naturally i would suggest rockbox.. it will probably solve your problems. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back