SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Aug 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #706 of 1,093

Quote:
I need help!
I know i asked before but seriously, i want rockbox back..
What happens is, when I update it, after loading new files i go to artists and it just loads the artists name a fair amount of time, it wont update properly, any advice?

first of all i would refer to my response to another person a few answers back and see if that helps.

so did this ever work correctly for you? if not it might just be your tags.

this is one of those issues thats hard to be sure unless i had your player in front of me.    are you sure it is completely finished updating when you go to check? someties i get impatient and check for a file before its finished updating and it appears not to be there, when it really just needed more time.. someties a lot of time if you changed a lot of files around.
when yo usay "when i update it" what is the exact process you go through?
are you sure the tags are thorough enough for RB to actually read them, or file them correctly?
what exactly are you expecting it to be doing that it isnt doing besides showing artists name?

i tend to lean towards either operator error, or needing an update/fresh install when people have issues like this.   I have been using rockbox since it was labeled stable, and I have literally had an issue and never had to reinstall unless i simply chose to when a new version came out.  I use lots of different features and its always been seamless.
It is certainly possible though that something happened during the install process. 
It seems to be quite stable and i dont think it is as buggy as people may think.   I bet their is either a reasonable explaination for what is happening, or it simply needs a fresh start.

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #707 of 1,093

Quote:

never tried the motorola. but will for sure be an upgrade for the PSP.
Clip is about portability, cant compare with a laptop.

dac amp inside the 40$ clip better than a conventional external at what price?

maybe try morespecific questions.

I like the sound on my laptop, and I was wondering if the Clip+ could match up to it's sound
and if the dac/amp inside the Clip+ was better or comparable to other sub-$100 amp/dacs?

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #708 of 1,093

Formatting it as we speak, gonna just try a fresh install ^_^

Hopefully it will work!
Quote:

first of all i would refer to my response to another person a few answers back and see if that helps.

so did this ever work correctly for you? if not it might just be your tags.

this is one of those issues thats hard to be sure unless i had your player in front of me.    are you sure it is completely finished updating when you go to check? someties i get impatient and check for a file before its finished updating and it appears not to be there, when it really just needed more time.. someties a lot of time if you changed a lot of files around.
when yo usay "when i update it" what is the exact process you go through?
are you sure the tags are thorough enough for RB to actually read them, or file them correctly?
what exactly are you expecting it to be doing that it isnt doing besides showing artists name?

i tend to lean towards either operator error, or needing an update/fresh install when people have issues like this.   I have been using rockbox since it was labeled stable, and I have literally had an issue and never had to reinstall unless i simply chose to when a new version came out.  I use lots of different features and its always been seamless.
It is certainly possible though that something happened during the install process. 
It seems to be quite stable and i dont think it is as buggy as people may think.   I bet their is either a reasonable explaination for what is happening, or it simply needs a fresh start.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #711 of 1,093
Loving ROCKbox on my Clip+ especially this custom r28426M-101031 version with the Meier Crossfeed patch that dfkt compiled. Can't wait to test it out with the VSONIC GR07 that I'm planning to buy.

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #713 of 1,093

Quote:
Loving ROCKbox on my Clip+ especially this custom r28426M-101031 version with the Meier Crossfeed patch that dfkt compiled. Can't wait to test it out with the VSONIC GR07 that I'm planning to buy.

DFKT's builds are the best!

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #714 of 1,093
Duno if this has been answered before but what other method can i do so my sansa clip + gets recognized by my computer (Mac OSX / Windows XP). Been using my rockboxed clip for almost a year with both Mac and Windows without any problems but suddenly, they just wont recognize it. Tried the following to no avail:

1 - Forced MSC - pushing the center button while connecting to computer
2 - Reformatting - this, obviously, erased my Rockbox firmware. I can still run the clip but with its original firmware, but still unable to connect to the computer
3 - Draining the battery and let it stay "dead" for a week
4 - Changing the USB cables

Any bright ideas out there short of replacing it ?

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #715 of 1,093
I rockboxed mine recently and it just doesn't appear on Windows, it says it's charging but that's it - On the standard firmware it's fine though...
cool.gif

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #716 of 1,093

Quote:
I rockboxed mine recently and it just doesn't appear on Windows, it says it's charging but that's it - On the standard firmware it's fine though...
cool.gif

Apparently the USB drivers do not work under Rockbox. So when you connect the Clip+ to the computer, use the original firmware. Then safely unplug the Clip+ from the computer, turn it off and restart with Rockbox. Voilá!

Aug 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #718 of 1,093

Quote:
Best way I find is to connect the Clip+ to the computer when it's turned off, it automatically boots into the ofw.

Yeah, I do that as well (and of course I didn't make that clear in my post...). And with the dual boot, it always boots Rockbox. If you want to start the ofw, you have to press the home and power buttons at the same time...

Aug 14, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #719 of 1,093
Yea, I did this a few times under my own initiative last night, before reading about what you've helpfully posted
redface.gif

I'm just very picky and something like that is annoying for me to do, especially as I like quickly being able to drag and drop a new album onto the Clip - Hmmm, maybe I should just be less pedantic and just do what you've said, seems simple enough once I get into habit!
It's at least got to be less frustrating than having to convert every MP4 file to MP3!

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back